Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired an OEM driver side element from a fellow element owner. He gave it to me for free and he even paid for the shipping. Many many THANKS!!!

I tried to install it on the passenger side but decided not to do it. Although there is a hole in place on the passenger seat, it does not have the other mounting bracket welded to it like the driver's side.

I will take a picture of it today and will post those pics with the difference in the mounting brackets.

It is do-able but I will let you guys be the judge of that. I would hate for a fellow E owner to cut their seat cover and padding and find out the hardway.

John

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the pics for of what it looks like undereath the seat covers.
The passenger side will require drilling. You will also need longer bolts and extra nuts to properly install your arm rest from the driver's side to the passenger seat.

DRIVER'S SIDE

PASSENGER SIDE

John

·
Registered
519 Posts
Then in theory if Honda will sell the mounting bracket by itself then you could have it tac welded to the frame & mount the arm rest like factory.
That would be alot of work but I really want a pass side armrest.
From your pics I guess the easyest thing to do is just buy the large arm rest.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NC-B17A,

another member posted more information on how he did the install. After reading his post, I've decided to continue with the install.

When I do get it done, I will post more pics for everyone to see on how it was mounted.

I really want an armrest for the passenger side. Even though I'm doing most of the driving whenever my wife and I are together. I still want to have an armrest if I'm on the passenger seat.

John

·
Registered
519 Posts
I am on the pass side 99% of the time as its my wifes E so I am the one that wants an arm rest most.

·
Registered
261 Posts
"another member posted more information on how he did the install"

could you post the link to that forum if you know it off hand. the search functionality seems to be broken at the moment.

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts