Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, gotta new 10' lx, love the car, but would like a armrest.......i've seen the storage one that they list in the parts dept...........however has anyone mounted one on a non armrest car?, I assume the seat has to be cut and theres a mounting point under the fabric?:|

Anyone have any experience with this, thanks in advance

·
Registered
836 Posts
Although i didn't use the search feature, i did go to the How to's and under interior mod i found this thread that should help you.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1008

I don't know if a '10 LX seat has the mount point on it or not, either way look in that thread and go check your seat after you know what to look for, If there is no mount point that thread shows you what to do to fabricate something.

EF

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Poke around the side of the seat and try to feel for a mounting hole. If you feel it, make a small slit and mount your storage armrest.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the response, i just took the cover off the end.......they come off crazy easy, you can't feel the hole under the padding, but it is there., however now my little lady is telling me she dosen't want a armrest after I already got one :-(, she says it will "get in the way of her center console purse holder":twisted:

oh well, id put it on anyway, but im not about to cut the fabric just so she can say she hates it, here comes the restocking fee:|

·
Registered
836 Posts
Ill buy it.... if you want to sell it at a discount that is :) I'm needing one for my little lady actually and she puts her purse in the floor :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
let me find out what they are going to charge me for a restocking fee, and I'll see if we can't work somethin out

·
Registered
836 Posts
I actually got a pm from a member that will give me the armrest they are replacing with a storage armrest, all i have to pay is shipping :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can't beat free:grin:, I guess I have a storage armrest for sale if anyone looking at this is interested............brand new, never installed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Install standard armrests

Have a '09 that came with no inboard armrests. Do not want to install the driver side storage type armrest. Want to install the standard oem individual armrests. Is there any type of kit for that?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts