Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an Eternal Blue Element Ex, A 4wd. I am looking to buy a passenger armrest. Please contact me if you have one.

Thanks, DeanBrandoMonroe 8)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I replaced my stock arm rest yesterday and its now available - i have an eternal blue element - please advise your location

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, I'm finally going to get my Element in about a week from now after about a month of searching for the right color and package... The question I have is about the larger armrest.. It says that it is only for vehicles with automatic transmissions.. Anyone know why this might be? Is it just so large that it interferes with the shifting?? If someone could let me know, it would be much appreciated..

Thanks,
Barry Johnson

·
Registered
957 Posts
[quote:dfe39cbd06="Element_Austin"]Ok, I'm finally going to get my Element in about a week from now after about a month of searching for the right color and package... The question I have is about the larger armrest.. It says that it is only for vehicles with automatic transmissions.. Anyone know why this might be? Is it just so large that it interferes with the shifting?? If someone could let me know, it would be much appreciated..

Thanks,
Barry Johnson[/quote:dfe39cbd06]

Well, Honda thinks that it interferes too much with shifting but most people who have manuals and bought the larger armrest from internet sources say it really is no problem at all. I bet 99.9999999% of the manual owners out there would tell you to just get it.

I have an auto and the armrest and man - I think I would have traded in the damn E if this armrest was not available - the stock one is the most horrid thing ever made IMHO.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
eMass,

Thanks so much for the input! That pretty much exactly what I was thinking, but just wanted to hear from someone who had actually seen the armrest. Thanks again!

Barry J.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I also agree wholehearedly. The stock armrest looks cheap, feels cheap, and is a joke to look at. The storage arrmrest looks much better - but not as good as the high price Honda wants for it. If anything, it will be at a much better height for me to manage my shifter thn the stock one.

And it's a breeze to install!

·
Registered
7 Posts
IskiE,

I take it by your response that you do have a manual transmission? So you have seen no problems with the larger armrest?? The stock one did look kind of useless... Thanks!

Barry

·
Registered
287 Posts
Two questions.
Does anyone have a pic of the nicer drivers side arm rest and has anyone added an armrest to the pass. seat?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yes, I have a manual tranny. No problem at all with the shifter. If anything, it supports my arm at a better position. Honda's concern may be with reaching the emergency brake in the event of a hill start, but in that case, flip the armrest back.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I haven't seen the upgraded arm rest, but I can't imagine how it could be better than the Vector 17 liter cooler console that I got at Target for less than $50 yesterday (it's out of stock online and as much as $100 elsewhere, but call around to your local Targets, one of them should have one). The color is a spot-on match for any of the gray-based interiors and it fits perfectly over the exisiting console, snug enough to be secure but with enough give to recline the seats. The height is exactly in line with the stock armrest and it is plenty wide for driver and pax. Plus it has a thermoelectric cooler/warmer, 4 cup holders, and a storage pouch and change slots. I suppose the only drawback is you need to slide it back to engage the e-brake, which could be a major drag for stick drivers. Check it out!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Before you spend tons of money on a honda armrest, consider this. You can use it as a cooler/warmer, change holder, 4 cupholders and also store tons of stuff inside.
The armrests are at the perfect height and the passenger has one too.

[/url]

·
Registered
11 Posts
pookSter, could you give a link to a site that sells that so I can get more information?

It looks as if it would wobble around and not be very sturdy. Is it?

-Doc

·
Registered
211 Posts
Opps, sorry about that. If forgot to tell you that it is made by Vector. It can be bought at any Target/Walmart store for around $55

It looks as if it would wobble around and not be very sturdy. Is it?
No, it does not move. It is held nicely between the seats. The stock armrest really makes it snug, but you can still move it if you need to take it to the beach with the supplied sholder belt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts