Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of questions for those of you that are using the ASWC-1 adapter. This past weekend I installed a new stereo (Pioneer FH-X830BHS) into my 2011 EX along with the Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel control adapter. I had no problems with the install and the steering wheel controls worked as expected.

I discovered that the ASWC auto-detect process had also assigned dual functions to the Channel button and Mode button. A long press of the mode button would turn my stereo off and holding down the channel button (when XM was set as the source) would scroll through all of the XM stations, not just the presets. This all worked great for about 4 days then suddenly when I was scrolling through the XM channels this afternoon while driving, that secondary function just quit. All other steering wheel functions are working correctly.

So...I'm wondering if pressing/holding the channel button too long somehow cleared that function from that button's memory? I had pressed it for a good 20 seconds scrolling from channel 37 to over 100. If so, is there an easier way to reprogram it without tearing my dash apart in order to get to the ASWC box to see the led lights?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1 - 2 of 2 Posts