Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39324&d=1190073694

It's with a heavy heart that I tell some of his friends, he did ask about you guys often, that he passed on with help this morning. He went very dignified and with his head in my lap.

We had been battling extreme weight loss for a year, chances are, most of you wouldn't have even known him. He even lost a good bit of his huge head that was his trade mark. :-(

Hug your furry ones for me today. :cry:

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
R.I.P. Atlas

RIP_Atlas.jpg

-g

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm just a lurker but I wanted to express my sympathies as well. As dog owners, we give them a great gift when we take them in and an even greater one when we help them pass on.

There is a tremendous amount of courage in compassion and he was blessed to have an owner who possesses both.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Oh, I'm so very, very sorry. My deepest sympathies on your loss.

I've just said a prayer for you and Atlas and asked that Atlas be introduced to my beloved pups: Buck and Thatcher.

God bless, big fella. You've touched, been admired and will be remembered by people around this country and the world.

:-(

·
Registered
102 Posts
~Sending hugs your way~

Kerri,

I am in tears reading this, having just lost our beloved Levi in July the tears are still fresh...you and yours are in our hearts tonight...~the other part of my can't help but smile at those big drooling lips! ~laughing softly~ I bet if you start to look around your house..you like us have enough dried slobber in places you never noticed before that you could get enough DNA to clone another Atlas~hugs~

Liz and Mike

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Kerri,

So sorry to hear about Atlas. :-( He will be missed, and I for one am glad to have had the chance to meet him.

Our prayers are going out for you guys tonight, and sending special prayers to a few 'big guys' in the sky to welcome yet another to the meadow by the rainbow bridge. The worst part about the large breeds are their relatively short lifespan.

Words can never truly express the deep emotional tie 'dog people' have with their companions - that said, we wish you peace.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
So very sorry for your loss. I know what you are going through right now.

Yesterday afternoon, around 6 pm, our Golden Retriever (Sammy) came in from playing in the backyard, laid down in the hallway and never got back up. Vet speculates that he had a heart attack at 2 1/2 years old.

I will miss him greatly!!!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Karri, our deepest sympathies on your loss! Hugs your way.

dparrothead1, sorry for your loss!

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
So very sorry for your loss. I know what you are going through right now.

Yesterday afternoon, around 6 pm, our Golden Retriever (Sammy) came in from playing in the backyard, laid down in the hallway and never got back up. Vet speculates that he had a heart attack at 2 1/2 years old.

I will miss him greatly!!!
Sorry for your loss also dparrothead. My brother had a German Shepard pup that did the same thing, "Pup pup" was about a year old, the vet thinks he was born with a heart defect.

Now to go hug my puppies:-(

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
245 Posts
I am so sorry. I am gazing at my Greyhound chewing his deer horn, on my bed, my Schipperke and my Border Collie lying watching me and I feel your loss. I am missing Erda and Shiobahn. May they greet Atlas in a field of dog biscuits and stuffies..:-x

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I too know what its like to loose a pet. I have 3 Saints now and have lost quite a few. These big ones just don't have a long life span.:-(

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
So sorry to hear about your loss. I know how you feel as I've had to say "bye" once before. I will give my "Shadow" and extra hug tonight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts