Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: On rare occasion, I'd like to be able to transport 10 ft. long rolls of seamless paper in my E, which means about one ft. sticks out of the hatch. I can't locate a place to attach two bungee cords to the hatch to keep it down and snugged against the rolls.
I don't want to drive with the hatch fully open as that's a good way to damage its hinges. Can anyone help on this one? prphotog
2WD Sierra Mist EX...love it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
How about put the tailgate down and lower the hatch all the way down, while it won't latch it should stay down (I think :wink: ) I've done this with my landcruiser which has the same tailgate/hatch type setup.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Let me tell you that sheet metal on that hatch-lift is fragile !!!

A gentle shut other than the one handle-reenforced area and you have a dent or a ding ... I know from experience... I watched a little girl shut it and put a ding you wouldn't believe ...

·
Registered
302 Posts
I transported a ladder and the hatch goes up because of air flow inside the cabin blowing it up. I got two 24 inch bungees to take care of it. Use the hatch drain holes. If you look under the hatch lip you will see them. Don't use the corner ones they look weak. Hook to the corner cargo tie downs with the cords. 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
10 ft seamless eh?? I thought they only had 9ft and 12ft, anyway I got 9ft in a Mitsubishi eclipse!!! So you must be able to stick that roll from the passengers area to the back and close the hatch.....or stick them out of your sunroof!!!

Now I am a little depressed I got ride of that stupid eclipse and bought a element so i could transport my photo equipment and backdrops!!! and still take my wife and kid...but now....just kidding....

Nico

1 - 5 of 5 Posts