Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
It's my first post! I joined/found the forum because I'm looking for some help modding my E....my b-days in about a month, and i should have enough cash by then to get goin on this project. One of my main concerns is the audio. I don't really need help deciding what subs/amp etc. to pick out, but rather where to put all the stuff. Clearly there is plenty of space to store things in the Element, but I want to install this stuff while conserving as much trunk space as possible. I also want the seats to still have their ability to lay flat. The only idea I've had so far is flipping my spare tire and building the sub enclosure inside that bowl. Any ideas?

·
Registered
25 Posts
which E do you have? If it's not an SC relocate the sub, build your own center console and stuff it full.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Hey guys,
It's my first post! I joined/found the forum because I'm looking for some help modding my E....my b-days in about a month, and i should have enough cash by then to get goin on this project. One of my main concerns is the audio. I don't really need help deciding what subs/amp etc. to pick out, but rather where to put all the stuff. Clearly there is plenty of space to store things in the Element, but I want to install this stuff while conserving as much trunk space as possible. I also want the seats to still have their ability to lay flat. The only idea I've had so far is flipping my spare tire and building the sub enclosure inside that bowl. Any ideas?
I believe it's an '07 EX...the LX has the grey paneling on the outside, and the EX has painted metal instead right?
The painted panels are still plastic I believe, they've just been matched to the body colour.

Putting a hidden sub inside a vehicle is easier for some than others. How much space you have to work with and the amount of space you are willing to sacrifice will be determining factors. Many companies have pre-fabricated enclosures which are already designed to work on specific vehicles.

JL Audio is the first name that comes to mind for pre-fabricated subwoofer enclosures that for the most part look like they were an option right from the factory:

JL Audio Stealthbox® for 2003 & up Honda Element

Also, I did a search on Google and found this interesting link for Car Audio Mag on the the construction and install of a custom system for an '04 Element including a rear tub enclosure:

Car Audio Mag 2004 Honda Element Custom Audio Install

This gives you some idea as to where to start and what you're up against if you want to use the rear tub as an enclosure. Contrary to what murf524 would have you believe LOL, it is not as simple as relocating the sub, building your own center console and stuffing it full :razz:. I have a relative who has been in the custom car audio scene for well over a decade and has built world-class competition level systems. I also have a friend who owns his own custom car audio and accessory business and while it may be simple for them, without the proper tools and materials you will find that building a custom enclosure is not something most can do easily in a Saturday afternoon by themselves.

For what I will be using my Element for, the JL Audio Stealthbox would be my choice. However, I have an EX which came with the premium stereo system and subwoofer and for now it definitely works for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
:cry: Sorry, i was having a facetious non-helpful kind of morning. The audio scene only seems to be limited by money and your imagination.

·
Registered
839 Posts
:cry: Sorry, i was having a facetious non-helpful kind of morning. The audio scene only seems to be limited by money and your imagination.
No worries man, I wasn't trying to rip ya or anything, hence why I put the laughing face beside it to lighten the mood :).

And yes that is SOOOOOOOOO true. It's insane what people create out of cars, audio components and imagination these days :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts