Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Silver DX that came with a dealer-installed stereo that utilizes only four speakers. (There is a storage compartmnet where the subwoofer sits in the EX.) This was not a problem since I don't generally like the sound of honda stereos and plan to upgrade in the future. I am a bit of a novice at this, and have what will probably seem like a dumb question: When I do decide on a new receiver, how can I go about adding a subwoofer. Does that storage compartment remove? Will the installation of the subwoofer be fairly easy?

·
Registered
894 Posts
It took me a bit searching around in my email archives to find this, but JL Audio manufactures what they call sthealth boxes for vehicles that have unused space where a subwoofer may be dropped in. There is a unit for the CR-V which might fit the "E". They may well also create a unit for the "E" itself. One warning - these boxes do not come cheap.

http://www.jlaudio.com/stealthbox/crv.html

Iskie

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, but I was hoping to put a subwoofer up front right where it sits in the EX- is there any reason why this won't work?

·
Registered
894 Posts
No reason at all that it should not work. Ask JL - of they do not have a unit planned already, they may have some interest in doing so. I imagine they will bring out a full speaker replacement set for the "E".

Iskie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts