Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an SOP EX 2WD Auto purchased at 1st Texas Honda. Have added Keyless Entry, Carpeted Mats, Rear Bumber Trim, and a Cargo Net. :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm hoping to pick my Shorline Mist EX up either this weekend on early next week.. It was a bit of work to find a 5spd in that color for some reason...

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm in Houston, but it took me a a while (month+) to find a shoreline mist 5 spd too. We go up to Austin a lot, so maybe we'll see you there. Record Convention in October for sure!

·
Registered
11 Posts
O.K., now we've had the E for almost a week, only 400 miles on it so far. Really love it. Let's hear from other Austin elementeers.
:lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have almost 2100 miles on mine. Averaging only about 20 mpg so far. Hope it gets better. Drove it to Houston twoice and it really does well on the highway!

·
Registered
11 Posts
two tanks of petrol so far and have gotten 21mpg both times. mix of city and some highway driving out to Enchanted Rock. but I really didn't expect this to be comparable to my civic in mpg. still love the EEEEEE! :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got my E on Jan 28; I didn't see too many Es on the road, but recently, I've been seeing them all over the place! It's very exciting. Love seeing all the Es out there.

If you see me on the road, feel free to say hi! :)

My E:
Two bike racks on the roof rack
side steps
front bumper trim
rear bumper trim
and a Raiders sticker on the rear window

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have not been happy with my gas milage, it has only been avg. around 17 miles a gallon. I have almost 7,000 miles on it. Has anybody else had such bad results in gas milage?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've been hovering around the 23 mpg mark since I've had the E; although it has been getting slightly better with age. Closing in on 12k miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe it's time to have a meet. I notice that the VW Diesel and the PT Cruiser crowds show up for First Thursday on South Congress. Maybe it's too late for this month, but how about in November?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked up our new baby last Wednesday. Wife's gonna take it out and christen it with the girls this weekend out at Garner State Park. Mileage has been pretty much as advertised, though most of my driving is highway from Cedar Park to Round Rock. All I can say is, I thought I would miss my Integra, but I'm really digging on the power of E.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Your gas mileage will be worse when it is cooler outside. Air is more dense, so the fuel injectors spray in more fuel (Notice how your car is peppier when it's cold outside?). Also, the gas stations are probably still using winter mix. Yeah, we don't get too cold in Austin, but they still use the same gas mixture I believe.

A new car will get fairly low mileage until the engine is fully broken in. By 5-10K miles, you should see a slight improvement. Try and keep your speed down on the highway. I know it's easy to speed on Mopac, but ideally, you want to hover as close to 65 as possible. Gas consumption increases exponentitally as your speed increases.

I think the big problem is that it has been so windy recently and the barn door aerodynamics (I own an Explorer; I know how it feels) don't help things out much. ;) Keep your windows up, and try not to drive against the wind. Roads like 360 which create small wind tunnels when you drive between the limestone, can hurt mileage. It sounds silly, but every little bit counts, right?

Just for the record, I get 19/25 in my Explorer. I have learned how to coast and keep the engine around the torque peak as I accelerate. I still can't see a 4-cylinder getting such low mileage. How short is the gearing in the Element? Honestly, with a Honda motor, keep it from switching cam phases and you will be good. That VTEC system eats into fuel. My friend's 4-cylinder Accord (Same motor, right?) gets 30 or more MPG until he begins to "race" it around. Then it will drop to the low 20s...no joke.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello everyone -

I just signed the papers on my new 2004 Element (Satin Silver). I left it at the dealership until Saturday as they had to order some of my accessories I bought and when I drive it off of the lot for the first time, I want it to be the way I want it... you know?

I have a 2001 Nissan Xterra which I have to turn in this friday (lease is up). Part of me is sad to see it go but on the other hand, it was my first car that I got on my own and man, did Nissan see me coming! Have been making over $500 monthly payments on that Xterra for the past three years... BYE BYE! :D

I added fog light, splash guards, arm rest storage thing up front, and all season floor mats. Other then that, it is an EX all wheel drive with the big skylite in the back.

I also ordered a mount for my iPod today so I should hopefully be able to install it right away and start enjoying a 24/7 life with my iPod.

Well, that's it... just thought I would introduce myself since I am new and share what vehicle / extras I got.

Cheers,
Abraham

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got a used 2003 Element EX AWD with 13K. So far I love it. Wondering if installing keyless entry is easily done myself - or if I'm paying the dealer :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts