Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys-

Quick question... i have a 2005 E, EX and normally when i start the car (with the doors close) or put the car into gear, my E will auto lock the doors... but sadly it doesn't do so anymore... any suggestions?

Thanks!
--
Frank

·
Registered
575 Posts
It did? My 08 EX doesn't do that...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the stock honda alarm system - the keyfob works fine... this issue started happening all of a sudden within the last couple of weeks

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
The Honda alarm system (separate from keyless entry) is an accessory—not installed at the factory. I couldn't find anything in the alarm documentation about it locking the doors when the car is started or put in gear.

a) Are you the original owner?

b) Did you install the alarm system yourself, or did the dealer (or previous owner) install it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a) i'm not the original owner...
b) i bought it used a few years back, and i'm not sure if the dealer or original owner installed it

it's not a big issue, but it was cool when i started the car, the doors would automatically lock and when i would turn it off all the locks would automatically unlock... now i actually have to push the button :|

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,817 Posts
I've had my door automatically relock itself if I don't open the door within a couple minutes after unlocking it with the remote, but never had it automatically unlock.

How does your keyless operation work? Does it always take two clicks to open the passenger door and tailgate?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my keyless operation is pretty standard - one time for the driver side, and one more time for the passenger and tailgate doors

·
Registered
428 Posts
Do you have other Honda currently or in the past?

My wife's 07 CR-V could choose auto-lock function with 1) no auto-lock 2) auto-lock when start engine, gear shift out of park, & all door closed, 3) auto-lock when reach 9mph & all door closed.

I am not aware of any Element with OEM alarm will auto-lock when shift out of park or reach 9mph.:?

I would love to have the hack to change it to auto-lock when reach 9mph.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my wife has a CR-V but she has a KARR brand alarm and her's is one touch lock/unlock for all doors...

i guess i'm just a bit perplexed that i may have an aftermarket/non-honda alarm but i have a honda keyfob remote (leading me to think that its oem/stock)...

i guess i can take it to the dealer but just wanted to know if there was any reset that someone was aware of... (dealers in socal like to charge for any little thing... they wanted to charge me 130 bux for a battery replacement/install last week... yikes!)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
weirdest thing...

hi guys... thanks again for all of your feedback... but the weirdest thing is, my locks are back to normal... auto-locks when i start the car and auto-unlocks when i turn it off.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My dealer rep told me that at 8 miles per hour the doors are supposed to automatically lock in my 2010 LX. It has yet to auto lock at any speed? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
dealer ... wanted to charge me 130 bux for a battery replacement/install last week)
I think he just gave us the Key to the issue.

Did this all start when you replaced the battery ???

Or did the battery go dead?

Dom

·
Registered
12 Posts
When we bought our 2010 EX last week, at first the salesman said he could program the locks to do just what you've been explaining. Unlock in park, lock at 9 mph, all locks/driver's side only, etc. But then after fiddling around for awhile he said, nope, you can't.

Yesterday I got a login for the Honda Owner's Link that is keyed to the VIN. Even has a picture of my citrus colored Element when I log in. There's a video and pdf explaining how to program the locks. However, when I tried tonight, the programming wouldn't work.

The bottom line is that I still don't know if the programming is available.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts