Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick HI to all the members out there. I'm new here. I have had my E for about 3 weeks now. I've pretty much installed most of the extras that I wanted. So far, my E is equiped with Side Steps, Rear Air Deflector, Roof Rack, Fog Lights, Ultra White H4 Bulbs, Rear Bumper Trim, Exhaust Trim, Splash Guards, Locking gas Cap, All Season Mats, Leather Steering Whell Cover, Meter & Air Vent Trim, Bungees, Carbon Fiber Gas & Brake Padels. I still have a few more things on the list to go, tinting the windows, find the right grill inserts and a good front grill guard. Oh, also a good shift knob.

Has anyone seen any nice looking after market AT Shift Knob with OD out there which fits the E? I'm not very happy with look and feel of the stock knob. I notice that the stick (or what should I call it) which the knob is mounted on is kind of an oval and flat but most of the after market knob is design to mount on a round stick. Any help is welcome. Thx.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I never heard of an aftermarket shift knob for an automatic transmission - do they even make these?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi Don

So!! Yer lookin' fer a grill guard for the front are ye?? Well, hold on tight to yer hat son, they ain't out yet! HOWEVER! I am in the process of having a custom one made for mine out of aluminum (no it is NOT flimsy!!!) and the brackets are being made this weekend as well as the guard is being powder coated black this weekend, too. I will take pictures and list the ingrediants for making the Blue Eagle RV Custom Guard for mine. (Blue Eagle Race Video is my biz name because I video stock car races at the local short track)

Hang in there!!

Shaka!

Ger

·
Registered
894 Posts
Momo has nice shifters. They have some for the automatic, but I think the problem is going to be the OD button on the shifter. Momo's automatic shifters have the release button only.

Incidently, I have a Momo shifter for my 5spd. I hope to get some e-ccesory pictures done this weekend.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ger, for the heads up on the grill inserts. I shall look forward to seeing your pics. BTW, are these gonna be attached from the front or the back of the bumper cover?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Don

I took off the middle bumper trim and was gonna weld brackets to the bumper itself, but there are two holes in the right spot, so I used a Dremel tool to trim out a hole in the front plastic behind the fascia to be able to use a socket wrench to crank those bolts tight. Front fascia will then go back on to hide that and might have to be trimmed a little for the bracket gussets to fit over it. Clean looking is what I am looking for, ya know?

Shaka!!

Ger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts