Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just turned 41K on my new 15 month old 08' Element. Yeah, I have a good commute everyday.

It occured to me (now that it is so hot), that my wife's Miata, My old Jetta and Her old AUdi TT had a key fob that allowed the windows to be remotely expressed down and on the VW and Audi also express up. All while outside the car.

Can the ELement Key FOB be programmed with this feature?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
no. it is able to be done on most other new hondas but the element is not one of them. if you can roll them up and down with the key in the driver door cylinder by holding it for an extended period that will tell you if it could be done but it is a no on the element. and as far as i know on your jetta and audi it would have had to have been programmed with a vagcom tool or had a buddy at the dealership that was willing to write the code into the car with the factory vw tablet pc ;-)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
You can do it. You just need window modules, about $160 per side. Then, you would need an aftermarket unit, like the one I have. The unit I have is also an alarm and a remote start.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, for your help. Yes on the VW and the Audi, I paid the Tech $50 and they used their laptop to reprogram the windows. On my wife's current Miata they come programmed from the factory to go down, but not up.

I will not add the modules. I put to much mileage on the Element in a short period of time, to justify "cosmectics" 30k miles a year.

The only mod I have done so far was the ipod connector and cradle. I then upgraded the cable to work with my iphone (charges it now)

·
Registered
523 Posts
I've never understood the point of this. Can someone explain?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like it, because in the summer it helps cool of the car. On the miata, you need to have the windows down or doors open to seal the top.

Just a little connivence

·
12,179 Posts
I can open the windows and sunroof on my Accord with the fob....Really helps on a hot day cooling off the interior before getting in.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Cooling the car down was solved by remote start. Works rain or shine, don't have to worry about someone reaching into your car, and you can keep your dog cool (or a shady passenger) while running an errand. In AZ, or anywhere hot, there wouldn't be any cooling from rolling the window down. It would be awesome to see someone try it though.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Actually, I think this could be done with the window modules and a channel expander using the factory remote. You could set it up to be on channel three of the expander. Press lock on the factory remote 3 times and the windows would roll down. You could also set the rollup feature to channel two and hook it to the lock function...press lock twice and get windows up. You would definately be limited by the factory keyless range.

·
Registered
575 Posts
It is nice

On my Lincoln I could open the windows and moonroof with the key fob. It was nice to release the hot air before getting it. Especially here in "the south" :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually, I think this could be done with the window modules and a channel expander using the factory remote. You could set it up to be on channel three of the expander. Press lock on the factory remote 3 times and the windows would roll down. You could also set the rollup feature to channel two and hook it to the lock function...press lock twice and get windows up. You would definately be limited by the factory keyless range.
ANy clues how? Is it programed with an outboard computer plugged in to the ELement?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
like i said before it cant do this from the factory. what he is talking about requires several aftermarket parts like a dei 450t channel expander and a dei 530t window module or 2 dei 529t's. it is not just a matter of programming something like the VW's are

1 - 12 of 12 Posts