Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm doing my online shopping thing where I drill down until I find the best deal.

I want the side window deflectors for my E. On the Weather Tech homepage the front set is selling for $59.95 + $15 ground shipping. So I checked out the competition including AutoAnything whom I bought the AVS front bug deflector from. Their free shipping emails got my attention.

However when you sell the same Weather Tech front set for $74.95 and free shipping.....:? :? :-(

Still shopping for those deflectors and I'll bite when the deal is right.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The Weather Techs slide into the window tracks rather than sticking on the outside and are definitely the way to go- if you want deflectors.

The first time you close your windows, however, it will be a tight fit. You may have to help the window if it doesn't seat right away.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Make Sure they e-mail a "Confirmation of Shippment Number"

I've ordered about $1,500 worth of accessories from Autoanything.com over the past three years. Never had a problem until my last and FINAL order.

I ordered a Thule roof carrier bag on June 21st. Placed the order after Autoanything sent me an e-mail offering an additional 15% off the item if I ordered that day. (I had looked at it on their website three times over two weeks w/o ordering). I jumped at the opportunity to save nearly $40 off!. We had a trip planned for the July 4th weekend and the Thule bag would be really handy.

Got the order received e-mail and it listed an expected shipping date of June 21st or 22nd.

June 30th-still no FedEx package with my Thule bag. Call Autoanything and get told to e-mail all customer servce related issues. I e-mail Autoanything asking "what is up with my order?". Reply- It was delivered on June 22nd.
WTF!- I didn't receive anything and never had a tracking e-mail.

They suggested I look around for the package-ask neighbors etc. No package-so I e-mail again.Saying they are staring "an investigation" and will alert Fed EX, however I also must contact Fed Ex myself-but I have no tracking number. Third e-mail Auto idiots provide the tracking number. (no one from Autoanything was EVER available by phone BTW).

Call FedEX on July 2nd. They say they haven't had an inquiry from AA and that I need to check my property, neighbors, blah blah, because their record show a delivery at 9:44 am on June 22nd -to the front door. I explain that we have a side door into our porch/carport and no "front door" and that my wife left the house for a Dr's appt. at 10 am and would have seen the package. Talk to three more Fed Ex CR's over the next several days. All keep insisting we received the package. Final answer-- since AA require no signature-and it was so long between shipping and our claim- I would have to file a claim with AA -THEN Fed Ex would 'Officially' investigate the missing shipment and decide if a claim is valid.

I lose my cool and fire of a rather acerbic e-mail to AA with the full Fed Ex claim info.
They ask me to "return the merchandise in the original box for a full refund"
WTF again- I never got it. Two more e-mails later they understand that my FedEx number is a lost package claim initiation number and ask what I want done.-- I want my Thule Bag reshipped!! AA refused and issued a "conditional refund" to my PayPal account while they AWAIT RETURN SHIPPMENT OF MY MERCHANDISE-- can't anyone there READ-it was mis-delivered or lost in transit. To top it all off- I want to re-order and guess what 'Sorry we can't honor that price as the discount has expired.'

Screw Autoanything and their illiterate customer service staff AND FedEx for never actually investigating where the package went.

·
Registered
288 Posts
AutoAnything

I've ordered a number of spendy things for my TRP-E from AutoAnything and have received the items on time-no problems at all. Never had to deal with their customer service, so sorry to hear someone has had problems. I'll continue to shop there, unless I find them cheaper somewhere else.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I too ordered a couple of things from them recently....my WeatherTech window deflectors, and some Colts mats for the E. No problems whatsoever.
They have some good prices.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have the weather tech visors and the drivers side always seems to slide out when i roll the window down, it only moves a couple inches but it annoys me, also it will sometimes stop my window from rolling up. I've triple checked that it was installed right, just like the passenger its installed right but the passenger one never moves. I've also taken it into a shop to have them pop in it to see if they got a better outcome. silly thing still moves, I'm think I should get some OEM ones.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have the weather tech visors and the drivers side always seems to slide out when i roll the window down, it only moves a couple inches but it annoys me, also it will sometimes stop my window from rolling up. I've triple checked that it was installed right, just like the passenger its installed right but the passenger one never moves. I've also taken it into a shop to have them pop in it to see if they got a better outcome. silly thing still moves, I'm think I should get some OEM ones.
Hmmm ... mine fit absolutely fine. No problems rolling the windows up and down. Seems like something's not fitting right with your driver side...don't know:?:?:? I didn't get OEM ones because I don't want them on the paint.
Good luck:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for everyone's input. My first order from AA went fine. As I mentioned above it was when I noted their "free shipping" come on with a price that clearly was increased from the manufacturers own retail price to cover the "free shipping" that I smelled a rat.

Play games with your pricing and you're off my trusted list of retailers.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Well- a CSR supervisor finally read my last e-mail to AA about the refund and not being able to buy at the sale price. She agreed that since I never received the item, that I never used the special offer, therefore I could re-order at the discounted price. Now-do I trust the shipping......:|

1 - 11 of 11 Posts