Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How cool would it be to automate the rear windows and roof hatch so they could be opened and closed from the E pilot's seat.
ok, all tech heads, lets figure this one out...

microtone

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I to want to see an automated rear window and sunroof. With a cool switch panel below the shift that also has a switch for a garage door opener. ( And maybe an oil slick and ejection seat. J/K) I have not had time to go to a shop that specializes in power windows but they may have the answer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have already looked into this and ther isnt enough room. You could do it, however, it would be too big and bulky. I was going to use a unit off an Odyessey for the rear windows. The sunroof one wouldnt work either, cause then it would be too hard to get the glass completely out. I have figured out how to open the rear hatch glass from inside without pulling the handle thing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I meant from the inside by pressing abutton. I would mount an actualtor inside the hatch that when you press a button from up front, the top hatch part would pop. I could even mount the button in the rear too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
A remote open and shut switch would be great for the sunroof. Now that it's reaching 100+ in Calif I like to leave the sunroof open when parked to let the heat escape, but I forget to close it sometimes overnight (or just get lazy). With a button I would open and shut it each time I stopped. What a luxury that would be! :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts