Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had the nerve to take their car thru a softcloth automatic car wash?

If so, any scratches on the plastic?

Goober

·
Registered
249 Posts
Let me add that if anyone does experience any scratches, please visit our online POLL and vote. Also there is the "scratches" subject in this message board if you want to find out more.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I took my Element to the car wash. No problem with scratches. The guys there were not sure what was what, when they opend it up to do the mats they were really confused by the back doors, :lol: I have to help them with that. They did take off the antenna, but that was no big deal. I just put it back on.

Like I said, no problem with scratches.

Boy it does look great clean :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
This is a topic I'm really interested in too. It's way too cold here in Michigan to wash it myself. Don't like the idea of taking my baby through an automatic car wash, but I don't want to be driving around in a dirty roller either.

Let us know!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all who responded. I got up the nerve and ran mine thru the local automatic soft cloth car wash. No problems and no scratches. It looks great.

Goober

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I have taken my "E" through the automatic carwash about 3 tiimes and no problems. They never removed my antenna either. When I had my VW they always did remove it then

·
Registered
160 Posts
I won't say that I never go thru and automatic carwash, but I do try to avoid them. It is not that you will necessarily get any major damage from them, but they do tend to put swirls in your paint finish. And swirls are particulary evident in dark paint. So, so far my EBP has not been thru an automatic carwash, though I'm quite sure that the day will come.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I took my EBP through the auto car wash twice. I love it for the quick clean that it needs sometimes that I don't have time to give it. I don't have roof racks and the antenna is fine. Only thing is it doesn't clean the wheels well.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I live in central MA and most automatic car wash facitilites here are pretty pathetic. Far from the hotel like atmosphere of the California car washes. However, I take my E thru the car wash about once a week, and no problem at all with any scratches on the panels.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I got a brand new car yesterday and today she has 253 miles and muddy spots from a terrible rainstorm! This is no fair. ::::pouts!:::

We have some car washes in Dallas that are totally touchless. You drive in, and an L-shaped bar moves around the car on a track, spraying soap, water or wax. Neither cloth, nor those horrible rotary brushes, touch the car. I've never noticed that this system left a car dirty, and in fact, I'd say it cleans better than the kinds where there is actual contact with the car. Bonus: you drive out through a blow dryer thing - no spots, no toweling.

I, however, am going to give Lucy a bath at the hand-spraying car wash today, and a little loving toweling, and shine up her tires again, and, .....well, basically, I'm just going to dote on my car. She wants to look her best for her photos, you know!

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:1000219b9c="TheLusciousHellcat"]I got a brand new car yesterday and today she has 253 miles and muddy spots from a terrible rainstorm! This is no fair. ::::pouts!:::

We have some car washes in Dallas that are totally touchless. You drive in, and an L-shaped bar moves around the car on a track, spraying soap, water or wax. Neither cloth, nor those horrible rotary brushes, touch the car. I've never noticed that this system left a car dirty, and in fact, I'd say it cleans better than the kinds where there is actual contact with the car. Bonus: you drive out through a blow dryer thing - no spots, no toweling.

I, however, am going to give Lucy a bath at the hand-spraying car wash today, and a little loving toweling, and shine up her tires again, and, .....well, basically, I'm just going to dote on my car. She wants to look her best for her photos, you know![/quote:1000219b9c]

Don't forget to

·
Registered
540 Posts
"Don't forget to...." ?!?!

:shock: :wink: :?: :!:

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:bdf1dedf81="TheLusciousHellcat"]"Don't forget to...." ?!?!

:shock: :wink: :?: :!:[/quote:bdf1dedf81]

Yiikes. Sorry about that. My office is at home and something urgent had to be done. Anyway..... don't forget to put some sort of protectant on the panels. Now is the time to do it. Mine have held up perfectly. I found, per my previous posts, that Lexol does the trick. The only little "pits" and scratches I have is a few on the front end from rocks and pebbles.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Great advice.

Lucy shall be Lexoled, and stay looking her best for a good long while.

Thanks, Jay! Now get back to work!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've taken my mean green driving machine to the automatic car wash three times now -- no scratches.

However, I did notice that the soft brushes BARELY touched her, as she's tres petite compared to the rigs that go through the system.

Overall, an A+ on the car wash. Although the center floor console needed an additional once-over because of the tiny crumbles that never got vaccumed.

Does anyone know how to say, "The door handle is here" in Spanish? I had a little trouble there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts