Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was at work last Monday 6/1, someone came in and told her, her passenger side window was down. It was. The "regulator" as Honda calls it broke. The cable that raises and lowers the window had come off of a plastic cam or pulley and the window fell to the down position.
Honda says the parts will be $99+change and labor is $137+change +tax.
The motor in the door is good, but the part comes as one whole piece, cables cams and all, even though I don't need a motor.
It's an '04 EX and have not had one problem with it until about 3 weeks ago when the shifter started sticking, and the tranny started lurching when dowshifting to 1st gear when stopping, now this. What's next? I'm seriously thinking about trading. I can't have my wife driving around in something that's gonna break down on her. I'm just really disappointed right now.:-:)-x:confused:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Shifter "sticking" and transmission "lurching" when stopping? Sounds potentially like the TPS sensor is taking a crap. FYI, "Honda" will tell you that replacement of the Throttle Position Sensor (if, indeed, that is what is causing these two concerns) requires replacement of the entire throttle body. Do a forum search (here and on the CRV-OC) - some have found replacement TPS sensors and reported success for less than the $800.00+ that a new Honda throttle body will cost you. There will also need to be a PCM programming update afterwards.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The window regulator was a fluke failure.

The throttle position sensor is known to fail on K series Honda Engines.

It is not a huge job to change the throttle body and if you check on-line Honda parts stores like Bernardi Parts or Majestic -you will find the throttle body -new OEM Honda for $400-$450 range.

I wouldn't dump the E just for those problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts