Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a hundred threads pertaining to this topic already, but I don't see anything that answers my specific questions, so here we go. I have a 2003 EX with a stock radio/stereo and the aux has started to interfere with the radio, popping on and off randomly and not coming on when I press the AUX button. In the past I had replaced the aux assembly on the dash with one that has a USB and aux port, tying directly into the existing port. What I am trying to do now is to find a plug to replace the entire original cable, connector and all. Since I am opening the dash up I was also thinking about adding in a Bluetooth adapter for music (don't care about a mic.) My main problem is that I can't find any info on which connectors on the back of my radio go to what. I believe that the small green one is for the AUX, and that the white one is for XM radio, which I don't have any hardware for. This info comes from another poster on here but for a different year of E. Can anyone verify that my assumptions about these ports are correct? Or if my 2003 E even has them both?

So here is what I have found that might accomplish my goals as far as the Bluetooth goes.

Ideally if my assumptions are correct then I would use the one with the white connector and find a green connector with a 3.5mm jack on it.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, any tips on where to find a replacement aux cable that uses that green 5(?) pin connector? all I can find are listing of the head of the cable, which I don't need.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I only know such a complete set.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen that kit, however there is no Bluetooth included, and the green connector has RCA type plugs, not a 3.5mm jack.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to update this post for anyone who is looking for this info. Went ahead and purchased the CDC type Bluetooth connector (the white one one I linked, meant for a CD changer) and plugged it into the back of my radio. The device started working immediately, just had to sync to my phone, and switch over to the CD changer function (press CD twice.) This was a super easy way to incorporate Bluetooth into my '03 E. I found a video on YouTube from a channel named GrokShop about soldering the AUX chip to prevent it from switching back and forth automatically. So far this all seems to have fixed my problems. Just a minor note, I have no plans on using the Bluetooth for communication or voice control, just audio. The part I bought had a 3.5mm microphone with it, but haven't tested it. Also, the voice that comes over for phone calls etc. has a very strong Asian accent. Doesn't bother me, but there it is.

Element AUX fix

·
Registered
1 Posts
this looks interesting! you mentioned a 3.5mm microphone came with this - i don't see anything mentioned about that in the listing you provided - was that an additional part that was included in your shipment? to be clear, was that a 3.5mm plug for a microphone, or the actual microphone? i'm looking to replace my add-on bluetooth microphone i have hooked into the current audio in jack...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what I ended up actually ordering. I like walmart.com more than ebay. The thing that prompted this install was that my 3.5mm aux port was messed up, so I haven't tried out the mic, no promises it works. I have seen similar products with an actual aux input on the dongle so if you search around a bit you may be able to find one of those. It would be more likely to work and would allow you to route the mic closer to where you would use it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts