Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the second time, the AUX SOCKET power plug in front console and rear cargo area has failed on my 2005 Honda Element LE. The first time under warranty, the dealer related that the failure was in an electrical panel behind the glove box, but it was so long ago I've forgotten anything more specific.

I have the glove box out, and see five squares that appear to be relays; two large in a blue and a rust color, and three smaller blacks to the right side of the electrical panel.

W/O an electrical schematic, I don't want to go through the drill of checking each relay.

Has anyone had experience with this loss of power at the AUX plug ? Can someone offer up an approach that will start the trouble-shooting chain?

·
Registered
42 Posts
just to make sure - you did check the fuses, right? it's important to make sure all the simple things are done before digging into more complex trouble shooting.

As an add on...checking the RIGHT fuses...I got turned upside down under a dash once, and pulled the wrong fuse...embarrassing to have a car down for a day, only to have my brother find the problem in one minute...lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ugh. I have the same issue. Sad to see no resolve on an old post....I'll keep lookin' :)
No power to the two 12V plugs and the fuses are OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts