Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the Aux Input...But why did they put it in such a hard to see location?

I live in a city where leaving the cable hanging around is ill advised. I take my i-pod w/ me and store the cable in the armrest. Reconnecting when the sun isn't up is a royal PITA. The 'dome' light doesn't even shed any light on it.

Has anyone figured out how to illuminate this when the cover is opened?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Here's the cheapest solution. Here's a light that plugs into the +12 volt jack. Or, you can run a wire from the interior lighting circuit, and connect it to one of these. Or you can use your imagination and figure out something yourself.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or you can use your imagination and figure out something yourself.
Yeah, I've got a flashlight. But it's in the back w/ the spare tire.

Picked up a few things today while my imagination was working. We'll see how things progress.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yeah, I figured I'd throw that last bit in, because no one ever likes my suggestions...:-(

·
12,179 Posts
I was searching for a thread on led's but can't find it. Atleast one member has installed small lights in the panel over top of that ledge.

I don't have pictures but i have the interior illumination kit from the Civics in my E. When i get time i am going to relocate them so they light up the tray areas.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've read the thread about Removing front 12v plug. (with pics) and saw how he's got the lights above the 'trays'.

I'd kinda like to have something w/ a micro switch that illuminates the input specifically.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I've read the thread about Removing front 12v plug. (with pics) and saw how he's got the lights above the 'trays'.

I'd kinda like to have something w/ a micro switch that illuminates the input specifically.
I've mounted quite a few blue 5mm l.e.d.s in that same area quite sometime ago.

Here's an old picture of mine.

I have those,plus various other interior l.e.d.s wired to an on/off/on(spdt) switch. I wired the switch so all my interior l.e.d.s come on with the my parking lights,totally off and then on at anytime.:cool:

Here's also an idea that might be of interest to you.

^^Not mine,but certainly a cool idea.:cool: I think his screen name was element.j and he simply painted it with a few drops of aluminum paint to make it more visible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts