Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i plug my MP3 player, or my phone into the auxiliary jack in my 2005 element i hear a loud booming sound in the speakers. Someone told me that this is normal, but ALSO i hear the sound between every song...if i change the song, or if i let it progress naturally to the next song. Does anyone know how i should deal with this? Should i just not use my auxiliary accessory jack? I am worried that it is going to mess up my speakers. Maybe the output of my phone and/or MP3 player is too much for the jack? I don't see why it would be though....

Please help, if anyone has any suggestions, or knowledge, it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
510 Posts
When plugging in your ipood your radio should not be set to the aux while doing it. AFTER its plugged into the jack, select aux.

Also, HOW LOUD are you listening to this at? If its making the same noise like if youre connecting it while aux is selected... you have a loose wire, Check your AUX cable first. That should be it... i havent heard of any issues from the OEM aux port wiring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was not listening to it very loud at all. My MP3 players volume was at about 1/4 capacity, and the radio was on like volume 9...

i just went and messed with it again and you are right, thank you. It did not make the noise when i plugged it in when it was on FM setting, and it switched to AUX automatically after being connected. BUT, the only way that i can prevent the boom is by turning the radio volume all of the way down between every song.

do you know if there is any way to avoid this? i would love to not switch the volume down all of the way between every song. i would love to not have to pay that much attention to the radio. i just want to listed to my music! do you think there is any other way for me to prevent this sound from happening between songs, without having to turn the volume to -- between every single song?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Can you compare your phone or mp3 player to an iPod? Could your device be powering off the output before starting the next song? That'd be one odd way of doing things, but you never know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my phone is a blackberry curve, and my mp3 player is an oldish sansa(4gig) - it doesnt make the sound when switching songs on my phone, and its much newer...maybe i just need to update my mp3 player? i would love to not have to do that though. as it is i have just been making sure to turn the car volume all of the way down before it goes to the next song...

·
Registered
55 Posts
my phone is a blackberry curve, and my mp3 player is an oldish sansa(4gig) - it doesnt make the sound when switching songs on my phone, and its much newer...maybe i just need to update my mp3 player? i would love to not have to do that though. as it is i have just been making sure to turn the car volume all of the way down before it goes to the next song...
You haven't said that you've tried listening to your MP3 player with headphones to see if it's making that noise between songs - which would rule out your E.

·
Registered
510 Posts
yar... if your phone doesnt do it, then its probably the MP3 player.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having same issue with faulty aux in

I have tried using an iToiuch and 3G iPhone in the aux in on a 03 Element EX, but no sound. I tried a new male to male 3.5 mm plug, but no luck. Do I need to pull the OEM radio out and check the connection? Is there an OEM AUX in (probabaly need the car charger too) part to plug into the head unit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
the aux jack crapped out

in my 05 EX this week. Worked fine before. If there are any solutions on this I'd be interested. The MP3 Player works fine with both headphones and in my speaker stand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts