Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone...I just installed my new x910BT and I've been playing around with the Navi settings....just curious if anyone knows why my unit doesn't show street names when it's in 3d mode....I used to have a 700BT in my last car and never had that issue....my old screen was running inferior software, but still can't get it to work on my new screen....any ideas?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was just looking online at the x910. Can you show pictures of your install and document pros/cons and comment on ease of installation of this receiver?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there! Well...i figured out the problem...i just had to go into the navi settings menu and then into map display menu.....then I had to adjust the zoom of the overview map....after doing that I had to go to the navi screen (the actuall map) and point the viewing angle down a bit....it's a bit touchy playing with all the settings, but you just have to play with it untill you get to where you like it. The more you aim the 3d angle of the nav display in 3d mode the more street info is availble. The only downside in my opinion is that the more you aim the viewing angle down, the more it looks like the 2d map. I know this works on the Z110BT also cause i tried it in my buddies car. As far as the pros and cons of this unit goes, I have to say that I'm a bit biased. I previosly had the 700BT in my last car and I loved it. At the time i purchased the 700BT because I was in the mind set that I wouldn't ever be watching DVDs in the car, but now i do all the time while I'm waiting for my girlfriend to get off work. I like the navigation the best of all the major companies....Alpine is probably the closest as far as being comparible in looks to the pioneer's navi...but the other companies like kenwood and jvc and are garmin based navi (if i'm not mistaken)....either way, i think it's pretty ugly...looks like someone drew the navi maps and arrows with a crayon :twisted: It's just my opinion, but I think that in considering bang for the buck....Pioneer is the way to go. If you don't want DVD playback get the 710BT or 700BT....If you wanna go all out get the Z110BT. Only reason I didn't get the Z110 is that I couldn't justify spending an few extra hundred bucks just to have a 7" screen instead of a 5.8" screen. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to mention that I don't have any pictures of the installation....but it's exactly as described in several other threads that show the install of the 700BT. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts