Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am wondering if I should buy AWD or not, given that it kinda increases the GPM.
I will not be doing any serious offroading nor amd I planing to do any extensive driving in the snow, maybe a few ski trip with little snow on the rode. I am planing to get a small boat and I heard if you dont have AWD it would make it hard getting the boat out of the water!? Is that True?

THanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a Yamaha SUV 1200 (Really big Jet ski/Small boat). Fully loaded the trailer weight it about 1200-1300 pounds. I have a 2WD EX 5 Speed and have no problems at all. Power wise its fine. I drive on north Georgia hills with no problem at 80mph.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is a tossup between the 2 wheel drive and the AWD. The lower gearing on the 2WD would provide more pulling power, but the AWD would provide better traction on a wet launching ramp when most of the weight would be on the back wheels because of the grade.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I used to pull my 13' whaler up the ramps with a front wheel drive 86 Camry with no problems. I used my E to move my boat Saturday. I was happy with the towing, and did not notice any sway in the back as I used to have with the Camry. I think the 2 wheel will be fine if your staying around 1,200 pounds. I would go for 4 if your are using a lot of dirt ramps in the country.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a seadoo jet boat and use a rear wheel drive 4X2 ford explorer to pull it with no problems. The 4X4 will help you out in the snow but is not necessary to pull a boat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts