Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CT to Boulder,CO

Took us about 36hrs to get there and about 31 on the way home.
(had an extra driver for way back)

Put something like 4200miles on the E.
We took route 70 there and route 80 back.

Element was perfect for the road trip. Had no issues whatsoever.

We saw Mt. Evans, Rocky Mountain National Park, and got to go tubing down St. Vrain creek in Lyons, CO!

Gorgeous scenery, great sunsets and rises. Can't wait for the next vaca trip!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We did see some Elk from a distance at Rocky Mountain.

I don't know what the temperature of the creek was but after being splashed for 2hrs I was pretty cold. It was worth every second though, just to chill down the creek and stare at the mountain scenery. Incredible.

Attachments

·
Registered
847 Posts
I spent a week staying at an old friends house in Lyons back in early June but flew. Beautiful area...we just missed the Lyons games (kayaking, biking, etc) by about a week. He's not a 'yaker so I didn't get to try the water. :-( Biked along the St Vrain to a nice little coffee shop in Lyons every morning. Wish I had a fly rod with me.

I was there during a real rainy ever changing temps stretch. We mtb'd different places in the Boulder area every day & got chased off the mountain almost every day. Went over the divide to the alpine desert in Fruita one day...hot, sunny, near 90 changed to overcast, then hit Vail Pass on the way back in the snow at 34 and we were all in shorts & t's!!!

Did you try the oskar blues brewery in Lyons? Great food and terrific microbrew they distribute in CANS not bottles. Dale's Pale Ale is the best known, but the Mother's Lil yellow Pils was great after long rides.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heard some great things about that place, we saw it but we didn't go.:-(

They do have some great beer out there.

I liked the White Rascal Avery's and Fat Tire.

The Hookah Bar in Boulder was fun. That was a first for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Great pics. Now I remember why I liked the mountains so much.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I like the "floaties" tied to the top of the Element

·
Registered
123 Posts
We did see some Elk from a distance at Rocky Mountain.

I don't know what the temperature of the creek was but after being splashed for 2hrs I was pretty cold. It was worth every second though, just to chill down the creek and stare at the mountain scenery. Incredible.
Dude I was there at the same time, did you see any moose?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dude I was there at the same time, did you see any moose?
Unfortunately no moose, just elk, marmots, chipmunks, hawks, mounain goats... and tons of Elements. (I didn't see any EOC stickers on them though...)

Ha, "floaties"
It was awesome driving these neon green tubes in downtown boulder up to lyons. Everyone who looked over at us while we sat in traffic smiled.

I was surprised they survived 60mph+ on the road to the destination. I thought for sure they would fall off and get destroyed but they made it.
Crazy.

Biz Mattie where in CO were you?

Here's some stickers I grabbed for my fairing I don't have. Great food.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Boulder, Niwot, and Brainard Lake. I stopped there on my way back from Glacier National Park for a few days. My brother lives in Niwot which is just 10 minutes north of Boulder, I love that area.

Unfortunately no moose, just elk, marmots, chipmunks, hawks, mounain goats... and tons of Elements. (I didn't see any EOC stickers on them though...)

Ha, "floaties"
It was awesome driving these neon green tubes in downtown boulder up to lyons. Everyone who looked over at us while we sat in traffic smiled.

I was surprised they survived 60mph+ on the road to the destination. I thought for sure they would fall off and get destroyed but they made it.
Crazy.

Biz Mattie where in CO were you?

Here's some stickers I grabbed for my fairing I don't have. Great food.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice.

The elevation did mess with me somewhat, I didn't get sick but I definitely had to rest a bit more. (especially after tossing the disc for awhile)

I do want to check out the powder they get in the winter. A ski/snowboard trip is being discussed. (I'm not sure we'd drive for that one...)

Attachments

·
Banned
43 Posts
I lived in Golden for three years before returning to Tampa, and I'm enjoying the pics of the scenery.

The wife and I would make the ten or so mile drive up to Boulder every Sunday morning for brunch on the walking mall.

Somedays we'd take my RD400 Daytona Special, and just sit there smelling like pre-mix.

This was Pre-E (from 1997-2000), but I would agree the E would be an excellent Colorado ride.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Beautiful and amazing photos!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics. Rocky mountain is on my list of national parks to visit. Really enjoyed your pictures. These type of post get me very motivated to go out and explore.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
We did see some Elk from a distance at Rocky Mountain. Incredible.
Excuse me, that ain't no ELK.............................

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts