Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I will paraphrase the whole event... My sister an I bought an 04 Element for my mom. It had a Heat Issue, but I didn't think it was a big deal. Well after reading on here... I found out it was. So I took it to my Friends Garage (Honda Tech) and we started to do some maintenance. Come to find out that the Heater issue was going to big a pretty big deal...

He called his buddy that works at honda and got the TSB for the issue. I can't believe that my 04 Element with 66k was all covered under the TSB. Warranty on this issue was good until 2011. SO needless to say I am super happy. Loving the E so far!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Glad everything worked out for you. On more reason to hang around here. :lol:

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
WOW!! That is great news!!

So, can I just take my newly purchased used E to the local Honda dealer and have them check to see if all the TSB's have been done to the car?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
WOW!! That is great news!!

So, can I just take my newly purchased used E to the local Honda dealer and have them check to see if all the TSB's have been done to the car?
...They may charge you a flat fee, but why not??

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Sounds like a may have to do just that. I checked the oil and it looks like it's due for a change. They can check it then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking about the same thing. So I am going to go back and read all o the TSB's that relate to the 04. I couldn't believe it when they said.. "Bring her in!".. Excited.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Ahh....

NO.

You can have them check if any applicable recalls (campaigns) have been completed, but not "all the TSB's".

A VIN status report will list recalls/campaigns relative to that particular VIN and show the completion status, but no VIN inquiry will list all potential TSBs for any given vehicle.

All recalls are issued in the form of a TSB, but not all TSBs are recalls. Just because a non-recall TSB exists does not mean that it applies to your vehicle - unless your vehicle is within the guidelines regarding applicable vehicles AND your vehicle exibits the concern described by the TSB.

If you found a really friendly/lonely service advisor who needed a hobby (or a 'friend') they could run a warranty repair history, and then try to cross-reference the warranty repair parts codes (usually easier/faster to run a part number than to try and figure out a labor operation code off of a warranty claim) to determine what the repair actually was, and then do a bulletin search using that repair key word as a search item to see if an applicable technical service bulletin (TSB) was available for that repair - the inference would then be that the TSB had then been performed.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I may do that when I take it in for the oil change. We take my wife's Ridgeline there for service, so I'm not totally unknown.

So, there is a chance, hopefully.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts