Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inquired with Thule about a foot kit for the Element, and they replied that they are working on it. My neighbor has a 2002 CR-V with a Thule, and I think the rack mount (both factory and Thule) is the same as the Element. I have invested way too much in racks to go with the factory system! I will know tomorrow morning, when I bring my new new Element home!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats on your new Element! In this post on HondaSUV.com, someone installed a set of Thule TK6 feet (the CR-V compatible ones) on his Element, but needed to get some longer screws to make sure it was secure.

By the way, when you buy the TK feet, are they packaged as a set of 4 or do you need to order 4 sets of TKs? It's not too clear from the descriptions I've seen.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I recently talked to Thule Rack personnel ("Abe" @ 800-238-2388 X4843) and was told to buy their 50" bars, 430 Foot Pack, and the TK6 kit for the basic installation on a Honda Element. He told me these parts will attach to the factory mounts (???).

If I decide to go this route I wil be also purchasing their 875 Hydroglide Carrier, 876 H2Go Saddle Carrier, and perhaps their 877 Roller Coaster. I will be transporting a 12" kayak.

Would appreciate feedback from any posters who have installed this Thule Rack on their Element.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the info, especially the link. I will order theTK-6 and the 430 tomorrow. If I can get my 2 fork mount bike racks and my Thule box on the roof, I will be unstoppable!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Aykew,

Thanks for the excellent photos of your Thule installation. It addressed all of my questions and concerns. I think I will wait until Thule has designed covers for the Element though to make my purchase.

I am still trying to decide how I will get my 12 ft kayak onto the roof once the rack and attachments are in place. It appears the rear crossbar will be too far from the rear of the vehicle to make Thule's "Roller Coaster" attachment of much use. Since I will have to do this by myself I am considering obtaining some padding (perhaps foam pipe insulation) for the TOP EDGEs of an open front abd rear door will allow my to place it in position from the side. Trying to slide it into position from the rear would probably scratch the roof. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up my black EX 2 weeks ago today, and we've already traveled 967 miles together. One of my biggest concerns before buying it was what kind of aftermarket roof rack it would take. I work at the Jersey Paddler, a canoe and kayak shop, and we sell both Thule and Yakima. For months I've been checking their sites and finding nothing until a custumer came in today and informed me that thule just posted the availability of the new TK6 tracker kit (my order was placed immediately). As someone who is installing roof racks pretty much every day, I can say that this system couldn't be better. The Tk6 components install under the same removeable panels that the factory rack does, and the 430 foot pack you use is one of the easiest to install and remove on the market. Once the TK6 is installed, just snap in the feet, and when you want it off, just push a button, snap your panels back on and viola, no funky brackets visible, no drilling into your pretty little roof. Anyone in the Jersey area looking for a good price, our store is having it's annual Paddlesport show on March 28-30 at the Garden State Exhibit Center (more info at www.jerseypaddler.com). Roof racks by Thule and Yakima will all be 20% off!!!!! And maybe if your in the mood you can find a boat to throw up on the E (12% off). I'll be the guy loading up the boats on your cars. Hope this info can be of use. Also if you want to see the system go to Thule's site. Hasta Pasta

1 - 7 of 7 Posts