Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just outfitted my ride with BF Goodrich Radial All Terrain KO's (in stock size). The tires are awesome in appearance. Road noise is increased but is not an issue at all. I have heard great things about the durability of these tires. Time will tell. I noticed when I took my stock wheels and tires off and replaced them with these that the new set up is heavier. I should've weighed them but I didn't. I will be keeping track of my gas mileage to see if there is much of an impact. I am not running TPMS with the new set up.
My E looks less wimpy now and more like a proper truck (even though I know it isn't)

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steel Wheels

I found them locally on Craigslist. PO had taken them off a brand new car and put on some hideous (IMO) aftermarket rims.

Steelies rock! I don't need bling!

My Element is utilitarian and I want it to look the part!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Bfg's all terrains!!!

I just outfitted my ride with BF Goodrich Radial All Terrain KO's (in stock size). The tires are awesome in appearance. Road noise is increased but is not an issue at all. I have heard great things about the durability of these tires. Time will tell. I noticed when I took my stock wheels and tires off and replaced them with these that the new set up is heavier. I should've weighed them but I didn't. I will be keeping track of my gas mileage to see if there is much of an impact. I am not running TPMS with the new set up.
My E looks less wimpy now and more like a proper truck (even though I know it isn't)
Awesome dude!!!! those tires are the best investment you can make for the "E"!!!
give it the "rugged" look it needs!!!! lobve the steelies!!! here mine!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can you comment yet on the gas mileage with the tire change? I have the non KO version A/T's on my E and am wondering if they actually have a significant influence in gas mileage. If you could also tell what tires they replaced it would be helpful for comparison.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gas mileage

Can you comment yet on the gas mileage with the tire change? I have the non KO version A/T's on my E and am wondering if they actually have a significant influence in gas mileage. If you could also tell what tires they replaced it would be helpful for comparison.
MPG has been the only disappointment since I have had my Element. The new tires cost me about 1-2 MPG. I have a full Yakima rack system with Loadwarrior Basket too. That does not help. The BFG's replaced the stock OEM GoodYear Wranglers. The BFG's are definitely heavier.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
@45stang - those aren't steelies, you have alloys.

I have an '05 Element LX and I replaced the steelies with 17" alloys from the Acura MDX. The ride really wasn't as good so I just went back to the steelies but I want the black caps like you have but I can't find some for trade. My steelies are black and I expect the black caps on the black steelies would rock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts