Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the Mrs. was unable to drive for a long period of time a while back, we sold her nice '05 SSM EX AWD A/T Element to get rid of the payment. I then found a really great buy on a leftover '09 Subaru Forester X 5M/T and ditched my 74K mile '05 FBP EX AWD 5M/T to get out from impending $$$ suspension repairs while lowering my loan rate 3% and payment $100.We missed having at least ONE E in the family.

The Mrs. started driving again, and purchased a clean '03 Buick LeSabre to use as her work car while she still had a support cast on her foot. The wide flat floor is great for anyone with a foot problem needing to drive left footed.However, once she got ride of the support, her appreciation for the Buick went away VERY quickly so I began looking for a good deal on a 2006 Element AWD, A/T for her (US!). She made the search a little harder, as it couldn't be silver, or orange and I refuse to buy a black vehicle again.

I found about 15 '06s meeting our criteria within 125 miles and narrowed it down to four -all Atomic Blue Metallic EX AWD's - with between 45K and 74K miles. We also considered a couple '05's too-but they were overpriced.

Drove 55 miles in a blinding snow (In the Subaru which really goes in the snow BTW) to drive the least expensive of the four candidates. Well, four hours later, it is now parked in our driveway:grin: 71,300 miles, $12,498- over $2500 less than the others. Was a local trade at a mega lot that specializes in low mile 08-2010 lease and fleet cars. They really price anything older aggressively (and give low ball trade dollars) to get it off the lot in under 10 days. AutoCheck and CARFAX showed it was a two owner private vehicle.

Now I have to start modding all over again 8)

The crappy photo attached is the dealer photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Welcome back! My wife has the same 06' ABM EX-P and almost the same miles too!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
You obviously have impeccable taste!

Fabulous color ( the best color, gets the best fuel economy ) and a good vintage year! :grin:

Welcome Back!

Dom

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am glad I found ABM, as the Mrs. really wanted KIWI- which I just couldn't picture myself driving around western PA.

The dealer put new tires on during the state safety and emissions inspection, unfortunately the tires are Goodyear Wrangler HP's. They went OK in yesterdays five inches of snow, but another tire would be better. We'll just have to live with the badyears for a while.

The interior is in fine shape for 71K. Looks like they had a full floor liner (which is gone) as there is no wear anywhere but the tailgate cover.

On a different subject- check out the prices being asked for '03-04's on Autotrader. Do the people selling them think there is gold lining the floor?. I was considering getting an older model, the prices were way too high. $11,000 for a 90K 2003. $14,000 for a 70K 2004. Several 50 to 70K non certified '05's were selling for within a grand of the same mileage Certified 2006's. $16,000 is lot of dough for an '05. The '06 year seems to be the best buy.

We wouldn't buy an '07 or newer due to the seat mounted seatbelts which fit neither me or my wife.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Must be a thing in PA to "Rescue" E's.............(ie: PopeMobile)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Must be a thing in PA to "Rescue" E's.............(ie: PopeMobile)
It may have taken me over 2 months, but I heard that!!! And glad to see you are back in your element, steamloco . . . it's almost as nice as the fiji! ;o)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts