Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be taking the car in to the dealer to get this little tiny thing fixed. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Just one day it fell off and won't go back into the spot and stay. The rubber bumper next to the rear seat's cupholder.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Interestingly, I am missing one also. I was thinking of trying to find a replacement, but so far it has not bothered me enough to do it. Prolly cuz I can't sit back there when I am driving, and my wife is nice enough to let me sit up front when she drives!

CoolE

·
Registered
218 Posts
Proof that the search feature works even for the most trivial.

Happened to me too. The plugs are tapered and won't go back in. I think I'll try just gluing it back on... if I can remember where I put the darn thing!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've tried searching for how to get this part(here too) and have had no success. I have one of the two missing. It's right behind a cup holder.It's driving me dingy as I've even been calling dealers, guess I'll just have to drive to one so they can see if I don't get any info here, like: part name? part #? part price? can I do it myself? I mean it doesn't look like it would be too big a job. I'm just afraid to pull the other one off to see how it's attached and then brake that one too. Any ideas?

·
Registered
480 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok , I'am a spoiler

oh, Mods-gods. forgive me...

Thingy.. as to describe something, does not work well.

Not like one is asking for such detailed resolution like

interstitial nucleus of the anterior hypothalamus (3rd site)

and gets results like...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexually_dimorphic_nucleus

but....thingy? too vague.

A wee bit of way-ahead, is too much to ask?

okay???? just some better indication than...thingy.

Please?

Okay...I give up.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
just rip the other one out. problem fix. hehe. It's a B*** to install too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
And another part query

This rear seat arm rest is supposed to have a cover, a small piece that's missing as shown in the photo. Any idea what it's called? I need one.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
you can't tell exactly which part is not shown in the photo?

<grin>

maybe if we had another photo with the part present?
i could run out and check my vehicle, if the back seats were in it, but they're not.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Better pics

These show the trim part needed. It is part 53 that shows in the illustration, but not part 53 in the illustration list. It's a small rubber cover that serves no useful purpose, that I can see.

One pic shows the part in place on the other seat armrest.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts