Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2006 EX P and would like to start taking my buddy Dooli, a Sheltie to various places for walks in the car. I'm very worried that the AC won't provide enough cooling power to him in the back seat. He'll be buckled in with his new crash tested Sleepypod seat belt. What would I need to be able to provide him with a fan back there? I know I have a 12v power outlet. If you have ideas, pictures, and or advice I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
there are many options...
Honda provided a fan with their dog-friendly kit, but it's discontinued.
most any fan that runs on 12V could be used.
(well, assuming the blades won't hit the dog and it provides enough circulation.)
if the E had roll up/down windows, there are fans that mount in partially down windows.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I own a 2006 EX P and would like to start taking my buddy Dooli, a Sheltie to various places for walks in the car. I'm very worried that the AC won't provide enough cooling power to him in the back seat. He'll be buckled in with his new crash tested Sleepypod seat belt. What would I need to be able to provide him with a fan back there? I know I have a 12v power outlet. If you have ideas, pictures, and or advice I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.
http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98697&page=2&highlight=

Post 19#... You could just move the fan to the back-seat hand holder, I suggest buying an all metal fan the plastic one's don't last...

·
Registered
644 Posts
When I go camping I mount a small fan in the back using gear-ties to attach the fan to the rear grab bar. It works ok gets the job done.

·
Registered
777 Posts
my solution

this is what I use:

this

this

attached from the rear seat belt pulley

for this dog

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you are still looking for a fan, I bought two 12v fans from walmart for about $11 each and they have a real strong clamp to attach on the grab holds. I bought a doubler for the 12v outlet in the back and everything works great! I have done quite a bit more modification and cable management since that picture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts