Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the family and i are all packed up and about to leave Bed Bath and Beyond. i start to pull away and go to turn the car around when :arrow: "crunch!". i hit a damn parking column. never even saw it coming - this thing must have stood all of 3 1/2 ft tall and was black (how ideal, huh?). Dude, i was so pissed.
by the way, i was going only about 3 miles and hour? the car was in "D"; didnt even hit the gas.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
So you decided to mess up our day by posting E carnage :-(

Seriously, I'm hate it for you. I would run back and take some pics of the black column before they quickly paint it white or yellow. Your insurance company might be able to fight for you.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,817 Posts
Unfortunately, the damage may be worse than it looks, 'cause you missed the bumper completely.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Most state laws are if the object is stationary under 3ft tall, it must be a yellow or have reflectors on it. My mother hit a black pole at the mall a couple year back, it was 2 ft 11 in, the only one in the entire mall parcking lot, all the rest were over 3ft, they had to pay for it, my mom lucked out, you might be sol.
Sorry for the bad day bud, if you need help finding parts, let me know, there is a late model salvage yard near me that usually has 5 to 8 elements.
Later
Steve

·
Registered
288 Posts
Glad no one was hurt.... Jus duct tape it. It'll look fine.:)
Duct tape will fix anything!

Seriously, that would ruin my day! Really sorry 'bout that!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, you guys are a trip - but you are right, if you cant duck it...well you know the rest, lol.
i know that the damage is only cosmetic, still sucks though and it's still gonna take some coin to get it fixed - honda parts arent exactly cheap, you know?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Does your insurance cover you for hit and run?

not saying anything, but what does it cost you to tell the insurance you came out of the mall, and the E looked like that....?

·
Registered
550 Posts

not saying anything, but what does it cost you to tell the insurance you came out of the mall, and the E looked like that....?
I wouldn't try that, its insurance fraud and you don't want to go there. Sometimes you just have to take your medicine.
se

·
Registered
198 Posts
bummer :-(

I hope all works out. Good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Alexmburgos, do you work for DoD ? That looks like a DoD parking sticker at the upper center of your windshild. (Always hated putting stickers on my cars ... especially up there !) I work for DoD as well. Thankfully, they let us now put ours in the lower left quadrant of the windshield, immediately above or below the inspection sticker. It's at least a little less noticeable there.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts

You were kidding, weren't you Tim?

To the OP, sorry to hear about the accident, hope it's fixed soon

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
demansia

demansia,
hi, nope - don't work for DOD. I'm in the US Coast Guard (formally the DOT but now DHS)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ahhh, so you are. And you signed your original post as such ... which I stupidly failed to notice. Sorry.

But, in any case, you're still helping to keep America safe for democracy ... and E's ! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts