Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Just posting photos of my E, a 2007 EX AT AWD.
Had it painted recently and some work done on it. (Please see my other post for more info)
Still a bit more to do, almost there!

-Andrew & "BADBOY"

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
where is this other post you speak of??? is there a build thread for this Element???

Love the color. My only gripe- you should have had the mudflaps paint matched... Other than that- looking good!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mud Flaps

Hello!
Hey thanks for the comment!

Yes I agree. I wanted them painted white as well, but the guy who painted my car didnt want to paint the flaps.

The material of the OEM mud flaps is rubber-like and flexible. Everyone I have spoken to has said that it will just come off. Also from doing research online it seems that the general consensus is the same - you can NOT paint mud flaps / splash guards.

If anyone knows if there are after market paintable plastic ones, please let me know! Maybe there are some for another car that look close to the OEM Honda ones? Ideas anyone?

Heres the link to my other post: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111489&highlight=

Hey thanks again Billboard!
-Andrew

·
Registered
338 Posts
The material of the OEM mud flaps is rubber-like and flexible. Everyone I have spoken to has said that it will just come off. Also from doing research online it seems that the general consensus is the same - you can NOT paint mud flaps / splash guards.
I know it may flake off eventually, but I feel like it would be a long time before you may experience any of that? Or maybe if you're in snow and its building up on the mud flaps (like snow & ice do) I guess I could see them being destroyed quickly...

There was an Element around here that was painted white with white mudflaps but I thing the owner was in California... Not a ton of snow around there...

Looks good though. Im curious what the rims look like silver or gold or some other color- just to break up the black and white??? I dunno. lols! looks great either way.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Hello!
Hey thanks for the comment!

Yes I agree. I wanted them painted white as well, but the guy who painted my car didnt want to paint the flaps.

If anyone knows if there are after market paintable plastic ones, please let me know! Maybe there are some for another car that look close to the OEM Honda ones? Ideas anyone?

Heres the link to my other post: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111489&highlight=

Hey thanks again Billboard!
-Andrew
Painted mine and never had problem, I was really low to. I scrapped everywhere, paint never came off. Only problem I had was stress marks on them from scrapping in the drive way and parking lots

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Painted Mud Flaps

Hey thanks you guys!
I guess Ill just go for it and hope they last. I hate how they look now, black.

Burth07 - Nice E!!

Tandemduo - Is that a regular or brushless car wash? Thanks, Ill check it out right now!

Billboard - I live in California too, so yes Im not in snow much, but I do get up to Tahoe, mountains a bit, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts