Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen plenty of posts about Honda not putting a 4WD Badge on the Element or a 4WD light on the dash to show when the 4WD is in use. Why does Honda not even put the EX or DX Badge on the Element like every other model they make :?:

·
Registered
12 Posts
its because the only difference between the dx and ex non 4wd versions are the options.

so in theory, they can stock all the dealerships with the dx and then add on all the options they want to make it a ex.

think about it, both models come in all colors, all have the same standard features, I believe. (its been a minute since i last drooled over the full glossy catalog)

so you take the dx, add the nice rims, roof rack, etc. and now you have the ex.

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
Except the EX has ABS and there's no way to get it on the DX at all. And the back seats aren't the snazzy waterproof fabric in the DX. Cruise control is not availble from Honda for the DX, etc.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think it is in keeping with the Element being different than anything else Honda does.

You can't just option a DX to make it an EX.

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote:17cef6f847="katchwreck"]its because the only difference between the dx and ex non 4wd versions are the options.

so in theory, they can stock all the dealerships with the dx and then add on all the options they want to make it a ex.

think about it, both models come in all colors, all have the same standard features, I believe. (its been a minute since i last drooled over the full glossy catalog)

so you take the dx, add the nice rims, roof rack, etc. and now you have the ex.[/quote:17cef6f847]

No SOP or Shorline in DX models

·
Registered
220 Posts
Also lacking in the DX model and unavailable to install (at last check) is the 260 watt stereo. In fact the DX has no stereo, NADA. No factory AC, which will definitely cost you more than if you got it from the factory. As for colors; wrong again. The DX only comes in Black, Blue or Silver currently. Sorry, no GG, no SOP, no SLM. You get the drift :wink:

Bonehead, I almost spit up when I read your reply. That is too funny.

·
Registered
311 Posts
[quote:95611116f4="boneheadz"]Badges... We don't need no stinkin badges :!:

Someone had to say it.[/quote:95611116f4] :D U B Funny... Like your sense of humor

·
Registered
113 Posts
Also remember the DX has matte plastic panels and EXs have metalic ones.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought the "Realtime 4wd" sticker that you see on CRVs. Looks good on the back window on my E. Is there a wire that can be tapped to hook up a 4wd light to let us know when it is on or not :?:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts