Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sweet ride dude! I love it. I have an 04 awd bagged. I deleted the awd, to avoid the dreaded axle issues. Great writeup, and great pictures!

·
Registered
Bagged '07 Honda Element SC
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sweet ride dude! I love it. I have an 04 awd bagged. I deleted the awd, to avoid the dreaded axle issues. Great writeup, and great pictures!
Man, this is a cool setup, darn near drop in. I was debating the K-Sport system for a while. Are you pretty happy with the air system's performance? Also, I'm digging the OEM wheels on this application! The air horn is a plus too...

·
Registered
40 Posts
The KSPORT setup, is awesome. Almost drop in. I had to run RSX type S tie rod ends. They are an inch longer than stock. I also did camber bolts up front, with adjustable camber arms in the rear. The wiring was easy, because I had my stereo system in the rear already. I miss the Awd, but love the low stance. Did you remove your fender skirts? I am thinking about removing mine, but I haven't made up my mind yet. Your ride is very clean, and I really appreciated your pictures and write-up. Way to go! PS I worked with Devin at KSPORT.

·
Registered
40 Posts
And the system I used was the Pro Plus. I added the second compressor to the kit. The performance is great! I had H&R springs before, and this kit rides just as well. The kit, has auto mode, which keeps the vehicle level under braking and sharp turns. I can run less pressure and have the ride very soft, or more pressure for carving through the corners. Easy to use remote, with a digital display. Lots of bag clearance also. Nothing even close to rubbing, aired down.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Did you remove your fender skirts? I am thinking about removing mine, but I haven't made up my mind yet.
I assume you're asking about the front fender liners. If so, yes I removed them. All of the "skirts" are still the OEM SC ones. I have no bag clearance issues either, and as mentioned earlier in my posts. I did trim the body in the rear and rolled & pulled the fenders up front. I did all of this to achieve that really nice tucked look.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am still just blown away, with your fitment! Could you please post pictures of the fender wells front and rear, so that I might be able to get my cars fitment, headed in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I am still just blown away, with your fitment! Could you please post pictures of the fender wells front and rear, so that I might be able to get my cars fitment, headed in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks! I'll have to get those pictures for you soon when I have time to pull the wheels off and take some good clear photos.

·
Registered
2007 Element EX AWD AT (two!)
505 Posts
That's a lot of work to keep someone from stealing your catalytic converter. 😁

I was thinking that air tank would make a good reserve fuel tank.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I am also curious about what you had to do with your front sway bar end links. What did you use?
I'm so sorry! I haven't had the car in the shop recently to take any photos of the wheel wells. I will get that for you next time I am working on it. As for the end links, I am using the OEM ones. I had no clearance issues. Is there an issue with yours?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
That's a lot of work to keep someone from stealing your catalytic converter. 😁

I was thinking that air tank would make a good reserve fuel tank.
Because it's illegal to scrap catalytic converters in my area, it is kinda a non issue... but I do like the joke. 😂

As for using the air tank for a spare fuel tank, I would be worried about static, vapor venting, and plumbing. But, anything could be done with enough determination I suppose.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes. At my driving height, the sway bar end links are normal, however when aired down the end links are pushed down and forward. I raised my vehicle, put jack stands under each control arm, and removed my wheels. I kept hearing a banging sound over big bumps, so I was checking everything. After I found the end link issue, I tried loosening the sway bar bushing mounts, to releave any possible binding, with no change. I have Moog greasable end links. Might be time for a custom sway bar, and or end links. I have replaced every bushing and ball joint in the car, and reinspected all of them this past weekend, so that I could rule out any other issues. Thanks for responding back! No rush on the photos, just next time you are under there!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Might be time for a custom sway bar, and or end links. I have replaced every bushing and ball joint in the car, and reinspected all of them this past weekend, so that I could rule out any other issues.
Hmm, this is certainly an issue I have not yet encountered. I'm running the OEM Honda end links and haven't had an issue YET. However, I'm certainly interested in being more proactive with these sorts of things. I can look into ordering a set of adjustable end-links that are 'cut-to-size' from Bag Riders and see if I can get better behavior out of them when dropped. This is of big interest to me as I just re-adjusted my programmed ride height to be about an inch lower.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was even pondering the thought of installing the sway bar ends under the control arms, with the end links pointing down. I think I can accomplish this by switching the end links from left to right, and so on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I was even pondering the thought of installing the sway bar ends under the control arms, with the end links pointing down. I think I can accomplish this by switching the end links from left to right, and so on.
How would you deal with suspension travel at full droop (i.e. over a bump or something) where the swayer would have to fully articulate?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts