Honda Element Owners Club banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Bagged '07 Honda Element SC
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Okay, I keep forgetting to get pictures of the inner fenders, so I stomped out of the office this morning on my break to catch a few that hopefully help. Please ignore the road grime, I haven't washed the car yet this week.

This is the front fender, I have removed the fender liner, and then rolled and pulled the fender. The red arrows point to the steel inner fender, and I simply trimmed the plastic outer fender to match the curve. That helped with the tuck in the front.

In the rear, I had to cut a bunch out of the body with a grinder. I then used a rubber mallet to gently persuade the inner fender to flex outward a little. Once that was complete I simply trimmed the plastic outer fender and mud flap to match.

The biggest thing I can recommend to get really nice fitment is to take your time and measure, research, measure, research, then measure again before making your tire and wheel purchase. I am very proud to be running -1 degree of camber on all four corners at ride-height in an effort to preserve tires. (That's not to say that I wouldn't LOVE to join the camber gang, but it just doesn't make sense on my daily driven car.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I also took some time to look into adjustable sway bar end links. For the cost and effort to get them properly adjusted, I simply picked up a new set of OEM end links and swapped those in. I didn't see the value in the aftermarket ones for this application. However, that's just me. If you feel otherwise, I highly encourage you to try them out and let us all know what you think.

Also, on a side note; I am having some custom ground effects made for it that I will post soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Awesome! Thank you for taking the time to get those great pictures! I am with you, wanting my tires to wear evenly. I have my camber at zero, at ride height. It is a cruiser, not a racer! I am interested in your ground effects, and look forward to seeing the pictures! Thanks again!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
My pleasure, I’ll happily post those pictures as I get around to installing the ground effects.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Which camber arms did you use for your rear? I went with some Moog adjustable ones in the rear, which were fine when I was 2" lowered, but I now have them maxed out, and need to find longer ones.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Which camber arms did you use for your rear? I went with some Moog adjustable ones in the rear, which were fine when I was 2" lowered, but I now have them maxed out, and need to find longer ones.
I am running these TruHart CRV rear upper control arms and I will be picking up a set of billet LCAs later in the spring. If you are totally maxed out, try pulling in the lower control arm a bit as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
By any chance would you happen to have an instagram to follow this build?
I do, Mate! You can find me at @its_aaronruth on Instagram. I try to continuously post updates on the Element and whatever other projects I may be working on.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts