Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Can anyone comment on this question? I looked at a new E about 2 months ago and noticed a baggie rattling around in the back of the cargo area with a couple of plastic parts in there. I only took a quick look since I was more interested in seeing if me and my bike could fit in there at the same time (answer = YES).

Anyway, fast-forward 2 months and I bought an E at a different dealer this past weekend (they had a 2WD 5-sp in silver). I noticed right off that they had not installed an antenna in the threaded mount on the roof. I pointed this out and the sales guy tried to tell me that the E has an internal antenna. I didn't think this was right, so I checked with someone back in parts -- she said no, there should have been an antenna, so they ordered one.

But then I got to wondering about that baggie of parts. I figured if they lost the antenna, maybe they lost that too. Did I really see what I thought I saw 2 months ago? I had the impression it was something like a set of snap-in covers to cover up the rear seat anchors in the floor when the seats are folded up against the walls.

Thanks in advance for any info.

-Tom

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Not sure about any extra baggie of parts....all I had in the back was the sunroof cover and the tire iron (in a blue plastic bag).

As far as the anteana goes....did you check your glove compartment? That is where mine was when I noticed that it wasn't installed the day after I picked my E up (picked it up at 7pm the night before)

Hope that helps!
Peace Out
Diane :)

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
277 Posts
If the E you saw with the parts bag had a roof rack, they were probably the plastic pieces removed so that the rack can be mounted. the instructions tell the dealer to save them and put them in the car for the customer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The baggie contains frame hole plugs that the dealer installs at the pre delivery inspection. There are four holes in the rear of the frame. Two on each side. The Pilot, CR-V and Civic coupes have them too.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Aren't those rubber plugs used to cover the holes in the frame where the side steps would mount, if that accessory were purchased? That what I did with mine anyway... :wink:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, mystery solved with the baggie.

As for the antenna, I checked everywhere in that car! I think there must be a leprechaun somewhere hoarding all of the antennas from that dealership in a pot. I should have the new one this weekend.

·
Registered
62 Posts
TomB, I think everyone here is wrong. When I bought my E I had a plastic bag in it. It contained the front licence plate frame. Sence I live in Indiana I don't have to have a front plate. Now if you have a plate frame on the front of your E thats probibly where the bag went.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote:10af6f3bc2="BB & Freaky-E"]TomB, I think everyone here is wrong. When I bought my E I had a plastic bag in it. It contained the front licence plate frame. Sence I live in Indiana I don't have to have a front plate. Now if you have a plate frame on the front of your E thats probibly where the bag went.[/quote:10af6f3bc2]

Thanks for this other data point, Brian. We do need the front plate here in Maryland, and I did have the Honda bracket installed on my front bumper. I think it is about the same size as the mystery plastic part(s) I originally saw in the baggie, so this could also be the answer. Seems more likely than the roof rack theory. The main question I had is whether I was missing something useful like covers for the rear seat anchor points, and I think the answer here is "no".

As a followup to my original post, I am going in to pick up my missing antenna today. I think this just might help the FM reception a wee bit. :wink:

-Tom

·
Registered
11 Posts
You got FM?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts