Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my wifes E out for a spin and noticed that when I make a tight turn there is a knock in the front end. Not sure if it was coming from both sides or just one. It is a single knock, not consistant knocking through the turn. Does this sound like a ball joint issue? Any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Could be a ball joint or a control arm , so on. If you can get some one to push on the front end wile you listen if your lucky you can hunt it down..

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
It sounds like you have a loose bushing ether on the sway bar or the rack. With the engine off but the key in the first position. have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth from 9 to 3 position in one second increments. It may not need that much movement but look at all the moving parts while this is going on and you should see something loose or moving. This is how we check for worn or loose parts on trucks. Ball joints will not cause a clunking but uneven wear on the tire and if it is clunking its about to come apart. To check the ball joint get a jack on the lower control arm and lift the tire just off the ground and get a bar under the tire and lift it up and if the joint is loose you will see movement in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts