Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 80k miles on my 05 E. I replaced the battery last winter and noticed the positive cable clamp had a bunch of corrosion. I used two of the felt washers under the cable clamp and sprayed the terminals with some red goop I got from NAPA to stop the corrosion.

NOW, half of the Positive cable clamp has corroded away. It appears to an integral part of the wiring harness. White corosion has also worked its way into the wires.

Does anybody know how to change the cable clamp? I need to change it before it finally breaks through.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
You can pick up replacement ends at Pep boys or Advanced. Or you can order a new cable, complete on line. It's up to you.

Do the white wires on the positive side look OK ?

Dom

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take a look at the + battery cable. There is not enough slack in the cable to replace the terninal with a generic part.

Show me were there is a replacement positive battery cable with terminal for sell. I can't find it.

290 Posts
If the corrosion has wicked up the cable as you say, better get a new harness.

Illustration No. Part Number Description Required Qty. Year Model List Price Our Price

002 32111-PZD-A51 SUB-WIRE, STARTER
(No Color)
1 2005 ELEMENT 76.90 57.68

290 Posts
I'm sorry.

First link
hondapartsnow.com Robertson Honda North Hollywood, CA - Actual Honda P/N's - Partial P/N search - Least expensive on most parts - Fast shipping

Second link
hondaautomotiveparts.com Majestic Honda Lincoln, R I- Internal P/N's - Partial P/N search - Very competitive with hondapartsnow.com on prices.

Third link
thehondapartsstore.com Herson Honda Rockville, MD - Actual Honda P/N's - Partial P/N search

Forth link
bernardiparts.com Bernardi Honda Natick, MA - Actual Honda P/N's - Exact P/N only search - Large view option - Includes 2009

·
Registered
756 Posts
Just buy that part of the harness new from Honda. I absolutely hate those replacement batter cable clamps. You are just asking for trouble if you use one of those.

John

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

the "sub-wire, starter" at around $55 is what I need. It is a little more complicated than I was hoping for, but I found the answer. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hate to resurrect this ancient post but I had the exact same issue yesterday with my 07 SC.

I just finished cleaning off the battery, turns out it was leaking a little from the positive post which was causing the corrosion.

It totally ate away my positive post so I replaced it with a pepboys one for the time being...will probably replace with the "sub-wire starter" when I get a new battery.

Was the install for that fairly straightforward, it seems to be a bit involved...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts