Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I reserched what battery to put in my E about a year ago as I thought it was getting a little slower to start. I had the battery checked the last three times I had my tires rotated and they always said it was fine, but sure enough when visiting my grandparents at the Oregon coast it died! I was angry!!!! First off let me tell you batterys dont just die in your driveway on a saturday when your just headed to the store. They die when your far from your house with your elderly grandparents in the car, one of which is in a wheel chair!

My Grandparents dont get out much so I wanted to take them out for lunch and after lunch the car wouldent start. Thank goodness there was an auto parts store a few blocks away. Try carrying a battery a few blocks and changing the battery out with only a pair of plyers while your elderly grandparents worry that we will be stuck and your wheelchair grandpa wants to do everything he can to help! Not fun. So the moral of the story is change your battery BEFORE it dies! It was so dead it wouldent even jump. I would suggest that anyone with an 05 or older with the original battery should change NOW!

I pride myself on taking good care of my cars and really all of my things so now I'm planning on changing out the serpintine belt and doing a valve adjustment very soon just so I dont have something like this happen again.

·
Registered
816 Posts
ryland...it always works out like that..things always go wrong at the worst times..glad to hear the end result was you got going,,,anyway i just changed my surpintine belt a few months ago,,i got a dealer belt for $33,,,it was very easy to change,,took about 20 mins,,,good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts