Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I leave my car in accessory mode the battery seems to drain very quickly. For example I leave my car on accessory to charge my phone (18watt charger) but I am sure to make sure nothing else is on (lights, blower, radio, etc.)... I can easily run my battery to the point where the element wont start without a jump, this can be in as little as 15 minutes. The battery has been tested multiple times and is in good health. This has been an issue since I got the element (used at 90k) and the battery was replaced during my ownership once already.

I remember growing up and going to the drive-in movies our battery could power the stereo for hours.

Is this normal element behavior or is something going on here? The battery will hold its charge when parked and left for several days, so seems there isn't a phantom power draw happening when car is off.

·
Registered
2007 EX AWD AT (two!)
1,064 Posts
It is not normal. If you have a multimeter, time to start diagnosing. Check the draw with ignition off and in the accessory position. I haven't measured on of our Elements, but my daughter's 2009 CR-V only drew about 5 milliamps in the "Off" position. You have to have a heck of a drain to kill the battery in 15 minutes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts