Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this goes here but it is "under the hood" so...

i searched and searched and googled but didnt find anything so excuse me if its a repost...

ive seen some detailed threads involving battery replacements and stuff but have not seen someone showing how to replace the terminals on the E. the battery and ground wires are crimped into to the terminal and i would like to remove them to add a scosche terminal but dont want to cut the wire just want to remove them from the crimp but its a pain in the behind, if i cut them i have to move back some tape and cut some wire and honestly i dont want to mess with it so any secrets or tips to remove it?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats wat i thought at one point but thought it would be more work, why wouldnt they just bolt it on instead of crimping, did honda expect that the terminals would never corrode so they make it hard for us to switch so easily :-(

·
Registered
751 Posts
I couldn't tell you for sure... I'd imagine that crimping is a cheaper manufacturing process. So they probably did that to save a few pennies. It adds up when you consider how many cars they sell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts