Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Rain-X Latitude Wiper Blades

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • other

Votes: 15 40.5%

Battle of the blades. PIAA vs Rain X

18K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  erock1070 
#1 ·
So I am long past due for new windshield wipper blades and I've narrowed my search down to these two. PIAA Super Silicone and Rain-X Latitude Wiper Blades. Please way in your thoughts especially if you have tried both. I know I have seen a lot of people on this site like the PIAAs, but no one has compared the 2. I drive about an hour every day through the mountains, so I can pass thru 3 different types of weather in 30 minutes.

#2 · (Edited)
I have the Rain-X Latitude on one side and Anco Contour Premium (also silicone) on the other, installed the same week. Both work just fine right now; will report later on how they wear/last. Can't help on the PIAA.

Based on 2+ years experience with a local brand (Silblade, no longer available), silicone blades are far superior to old-style blades. Whether it's Rain-X, Anco, PIAA, Bosch, etc., might not matter much.

#3 ·
I had the PIAAs on my Acura for years, and LOVED them. I just installed the PIAAs on my E, so no report yet. My brother just bought and installed the RainX wipers on his G35. As soon as I can get some real data, I will report. I voted for the PIAAs because I know they work great!!

#5 ·
I previously had PIAA silicones on and now have Rain-X Latitudes on. I definitely prefer the silicones, VERY much more.

#6 ·
I had a pair of Bosch Icon on my car for quite a while. Here our issue isn't how well they work, but how long they last. Heat and dry rot are our issues, not over use. The Icon's have a nice look to them too.

#7 ·
I've heard that about Bosch a lot, there's something about their rubber that doesn't last very long in any kind of extreme conditions.

#10 ·
I tired a set of the style the are a single blade no pressure point deals and immediately took them back. I couldn't get an even contact across the blade and left portions of the windshield un-wiped so I just went back to the el cheapo's Aanco or what ever they have at my local auto parts store.

#11 ·
Believe it or not, the ANCO winter wipers are the best ones I've ever found for extreme winter use. I take off my PIAA's and just use those instead to take the salt & sand & abuse.

#15 ·
The Bosch blades did not last. The PIAA's chattered after only one winter. I now have the ANCO silicone blades on it. I like them more than any of the others so far.

The big plus is they cost less!!

Dom

#21 · (Edited)
I checked out consumer reports and they rank the top 5 blades as:
Valeo 600
RainX Latitude
Anco 31
Michelin Rainforce
Anco Contour

PIAA and Bosch, were middle of the road.

#23 ·
I've just finished a 16 month stint on Smartblades from Sams club. Loved them, cleans the windshield very well even against slushy ice and mud. They also have a wear indicator, that tells you about when the rubber is passing it's prime. Mine still work great, even though the indicator is showing replacement time.

#25 ·
whatever you do avoid the synthetic rubber ones that Walmart sells. Not sure the brand name.
They are more expensive than Anco, Bosch and Rain X. I think I spent somewhere like $10 a piece maybe more on them and they are garbage.
They guaranteed no streaking and no squealing. First time I used them, squeakage and streaking. The reason I bought them was because they were guaranteed for something like 5 years.

STAY AWAY !!!! they are garbage.

This is how bad they were....I took my car into the dealership for an oil change 2 weeks after installing them, they washed the car and said "sir do you want us to replace your wipers" they are pretty bad. Said no thanks just spent $20 2 weeks ago on brand new ones. lol
But yeah, I know they do look bad. Sad but they are new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.