Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently at a friends softball game and afterwards everyone was just kinda hanging out in the parking lot. Parked next to my E was a black Mercedes G-series. Everyone was comparing the two, and when the driver of the Mercedes drove it away everyone, and I mean everyone really made bad comments about it. I kept my mouth shut--not telling all of these guys that the other box was mine but let them keep talking while I just listened wanting to hear what they had to say. Some went around it looking, came back, and said how much the E looked so much better than the Mercedes. Everyone agreed, and then and only then did I say something. I then had the whole congregation around my E demonstrating the versatility and cool options while they praised Honda...

Moral: It just goes to show you that to stand out you don't have to put out 75,000$ to get a truck like the E....and I absolutely have nothing against the Mercedes......
:p

Just thought everyone would like to know :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
very cool story :)

its probably just me, but the few mercedes owners i've known have been asses. so naturally i think mercedes = driven by an ass. :wink:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had a completely opposite experience in Cleveland. A G-series MB was parked two spaces from our Element. The MB had a huge congregation examining it, our E got a few glances and shrugs...

Honestly, the Element, though a better bang for the buck, can't hold a candle to the G. Although, If I had that much to throw at an SUV, I'd probably opt for the Porsche Cayenne turbo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Right on dude
either that or a VW Touareg. But The cayenne is definitely the ride.

E Wagen

psm0110 said:
I had a completely opposite experience in Cleveland. A G-series MB was parked two spaces from our Element. The MB had a huge congregation examining it, our E got a few glances and shrugs...

Honestly, the Element, though a better bang for the buck, can't hold a candle to the G. Although, If I had that much to throw at an SUV, I'd probably opt for the Porsche Cayenne turbo.

·
Registered
287 Posts
The benz box is another level. Sweet ride.

·
Registered
222 Posts
[quote:260c4415aa="E-Wagen"]Right on dude either that or a VW Touareg.[/quote:260c4415aa]

Don't say that. I really wanted a Touareg, but couldn't justify the extra $15k for the base model. The model I realy want is the V10 TDI, but with a starting price of $42k, it's twice our Element. There's that and I haven't had great service from local VW shops with my Passat V6 4-motion. It would seem they're too used to selling Golfs & Jettas and don't understand the level of service people expect with a 30k car, let alone a $50k SUV... If I ever buy another 30+ car, which is doubtful, the only VWAG brand I'll consider is Audi, unless things really turn around in the VW Service dept with the Touareg and Phaeton.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts