Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up EOC members. my (sometimes) beloved E was recent hit in the front while parked on the street in front of my house. car was totaled out (est. 4.5k damage), and i was cut a check for the value of the vehicle.

That being said, my (ALMOST BRAND NEW) BC Racing Extreme Low coilovers (as well as other items) are for sale. i had these custom built to my spec to ride low when maxed out. off the shelf coilovers from any other company will NOT go this low. I had these spec'd -20mm and 4kg spring rate up from stock, 11kg front 18 kg rear. they rode absolutely beautifully on my car, they've been on since the first week of august, and i have yet to do an oil change with these installed, that's how new they are. i'd say less than 5k miles on these for sure. they were professionally installed in august, and professionally uninstalled earlier today (10/16). i paid just over a thousand for the coilovers, i'm letting them go for $825 shipped. i had them maxed out and was tucking about an inch in the front and close to 2 inches in the rear on a 215/70/16. they will rub if you max them out, but theres about 2 inches of adjustment so you can ride higher, and with the high spring rates still ride beautifully. this is how it would have come from factory if they had made a type r. i did have an issue with the brake and abs line bolt mounts, it seemed the mounts were powdercoated in the threads as well, i had the shop zip tie it and it worked perfectly fine. i'd rate them 8.5/10 just because they do see a lot of road debris, but i'm sure they clean up nicely. i have one wrench, may have the other in the car. i will check and update when i have a chance.

I also have a wilwood dc5 4 pot bbk. they were on a rsx previously and i had never gotten around to installing them on my e. from the research i have done, they are direct bolt on to the element. they are used, and show wear. i was going to have them powdercoated, but never got around to it. i have 2 calipers, 2 hats, mounting bracket and driver side crossdrilled and vented rotor. i have 2 sets of street/track pads both approximately 60%. it is missing the mounting bolts. there are gouges in the material of the caliper running the whole length of the caliper approx. 5 mm high and 2mm deep. it seems the previous owner installed a wheel with too large of a pad or something to that effect. does not affect the functionality and it is uniform the whole length. they also come with the braided stainless steel lines for installation. these go for about $700 new if i remember, but obviously given the condition, i will let this package go for $350 shipped. remember you will need 1 (one) passenger side rotor approx. $120 iirc, and the mounting bolts approx. $30 from wilwood. if you have any questions, ask me BEFORE, not after the transaction. please educate and do your research before inquiries, there is plenty of information on this site in regards to this swap.

dorman camber arms, both sides, bnib. i opened them to see if everything was included and basically put it back in the box. still plastic wrapped and everything. i paid $23.14 for the set, will let them go for $18 shipped. lowballers will be ignored if lucky, publicly ridiculed if deem necessary.

moog ball joints, paid $53.58 for these, bnib. again, opened to see if it was right and put back in the box. $45 shipped takes the set. again, don't low ball me this is a good price.

again, if you have any questions feel free to ask me or do your research. i'm more than happy to answer your questions before you purchased. do keep in mind i do work full time and have a life outside the internet. i may have some misc. parts laying around, so feel free to ask. pictures will go up when i have a chance. willing to trade for vw mk4 jetta parts.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
coilovers new (imagine them with some road grime, which i will clean off)

ride height comparison

bbk, you can see the gouge on the caliper on the inside edge

·
Registered
836 Posts
Payment sent for the camber arms. Will be nice to be able to adjust my rear camber back into spec.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Paid on the 22nd and the seller said it would be shipped by that Friday. Then the following Monday he said he would ship on Tuesday. Still no tracking number and no item in the mail.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Sketchy... Did you get this sorted out, or is he still eluding you?

Still waiting on a reply. He hasn't been online since I've requested a refund or tracking number.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Paid on the 22nd and the seller said it would be shipped by that Friday. Then the following Monday he said he would ship on Tuesday. Still no tracking number and no item in the mail.
Sketchy... Did you get this sorted out, or is he still eluding you?
Still waiting on a reply. He hasn't been online since I've requested a refund or tracking number.
Update: Item arrived in the mail today. No word from seller.
as i said in our messages, i've been ill and have been delayed with work and my personal life. The item was shipped and delivered as of 11/1. again my apologies for the delay.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
updated pictures, shocks are bit dusty, but still practically new:

rear 1:

rear 2:

driver front:

passenger front:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
so, the coilovers, if extended to max length, would have 20mm less suspension travel than the standard product from this vendor?
causing a minimum drop of 20mm compared to how the vehicle left the Honda factory?

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I also have a wilwood dc5 4 pot bbk. they were on a rsx previously and i had never gotten around to installing them on my e. from the research i have done, they are direct bolt on to the element. they are used, and show wear. i was going to have them powdercoated, but never got around to it. i have 2 calipers, 2 hats, mounting bracket and driver side crossdrilled and vented rotor. i have 2 sets of street/track pads both approximately 60%. it is missing the mounting bolts. there are gouges in the material of the caliper running the whole length of the caliper approx. 5 mm high and 2mm deep. it seems the previous owner installed a wheel with too large of a pad or something to that effect. does not affect the functionality and it is uniform the whole length. they also come with the braided stainless steel lines for installation. these go for about $700 new if i remember, but obviously given the condition, i will let this package go for $350 shipped. remember you will need 1 (one) passenger side rotor approx. $120 iirc, and the mounting bolts approx. $30 from wilwood. if you have any questions, ask me BEFORE, not after the transaction. please educate and do your research before inquiries, there is plenty of information on this site in regards to this swap.
I was looking here on EOC and I didn't find much searching for "Wilwood DC5" would you please enlighten us even though they are sold already

Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so, the coilovers, if extended to max length, would have 20mm less suspension travel than the standard product from this vendor?
causing a minimum drop of 20mm compared to how the vehicle left the Honda factory?
the coilovers are 20 mm shorter than the standard bc coilover, the overall length of the struts are shorter, not the length of the spring. i believe the drop is about 1.5 inch with these at the highest level the coilovers will go. they will go down to around a 4.5 inch drop. i was able to tuck about an inch of tire all around on factory sized tires which the rears at max low and the fronts with about another half inch to go.

I was looking here on EOC and I didn't find much searching for "Wilwood DC5" would you please enlighten us even though they are sold already

Thanks!
dc5 is the chassis code for the acura rsx. big brake kits for the rsx are interchangeable with the element. these are still available.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts