Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone taken their E out on the beaches in Cape Cod? I go every year fishing and would like to take my vehicle this year.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
been there...done that...lol
I'll have to wait until I get home to post some pics, but ya, we've been there...

We couldn't find any places to take the E out on the Beach, but you can park pretty close this time of year

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have taken my E out on Carolina beach (NC) Several times, got stuck only once because i was being a dang 20 yr old and pushin the E- a little too hard. I think it over heated the Realtime 4wd in that deep sand thus the back wheels didnt kick in and i was dumb and dug myself in. Every other time was fine.

I have also ventured out on the Outer Banks (again, NC) a little.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Several beaches allow it on the cape. This is the best source if information that I know of on this subject. You also MUST be a member to use the beach.

What you will need:

General Equipment Required For Vehicle Inspection
(May vary for different areas)
Tow rope or chain
Jack suitable to lift vehicle weight and payload-spares of suitable size
Board for jack, 144 square inches (ie 12X12) X ¾” thick plywood (minimum-varies by beach)
Shovel
Low pressure tire gauge
Fire extinguisher
Chemical toilet with 3-day capacity (self-contained vehicles)
Comply with tire standards at P-Town and Nauset

BE ADVISED not to enter beach areas until you are aware of the rules and regulations. Use only marked trails
and/or established beach tracks and
PLEASE respect all NO TRESPASSING signs, TERN NESTING signs
and
OBEY speed limit. If you picnic on the beach, take your trash off the beach with you.
PLEASE STAY OFF VEGETATION.
YOUR CONDUCT ON THE BEACH WILL REGULATE EVERYONE’S USAGE

Dom

·
Registered
510 Posts
Bump

Did you do it? if so... PICS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
You do NOT need to be a member of MBBA to use the beach. You do need a permit issued by the Oversand Permit Office at the Cape Cod National Seashore, which is located at Race Point Beach in Provincetown. You can buy a seasonal permit for about $150, or a weekly one for I think $50. The rangers will inspect your vehicle for all the proper equipment, including the right size tires. The biggest hurdle with the Element is that a full size spare tire is required. The sand is soft and deep in many places, and many of the beach access points are fairly steep. I've seen CRV's on the beach, and have heard of a somebody with an Element, but never seen one. I also have a Toyota 4 runner which handles the beach really well. In an Element you'd be dragging the center pretty much all the time.

The info you need is here:

http://www.nps.gov/caco/cape-cod-national-seashore-oversand-beach-driving.htm

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
You do NOT need to be a member of MBBA to use the beach. You do need a permit issued by the Oversand Permit Office at the Cape Cod National Seashore, which is located at Race Point Beach in Provincetown. You can buy a seasonal permit for about $150, or a weekly one for I think $50. The rangers will inspect your vehicle for all the proper equipment, including the right size tires. The biggest hurdle with the Element is that a full size spare tire is required. The sand is soft and deep in many places, and many of the beach access points are fairly steep. I've seen CRV's on the beach, and have heard of a somebody with an Element, but never seen one. I also have a Toyota 4 runner which handles the beach really well. In an Element you'd be dragging the center pretty much all the time.

The info you need is here:

http://www.nps.gov/caco/cape-cod-national-seashore-oversand-beach-driving.htm

Some of the beaches are MBBA only! ( it's not a big deal ) Not the National park beaches though. The others are not shown on the site you provided. Some are " privet " if there is such a thing anymore ! Under the public access law, I don't believe they can stop you. But most people respect the signs.

Dom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts