Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Next weekend is the bear mountain meet. I was asked by T_Mac to send e-mails to the new york group but I also sent e-mails to people in NJ & PA. I received e-mails from people but I want to make sure that people aren't thinking what I'm thinking that it's going to be a no show. Tomorrow I plan on going to the site that we are going to be in and take pictures. I will post them tomorrow.

Here is the link to the website for info
http://nysparks.state.ny.us/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/nysparks/parks.cgi?p+123

Daffy also posted a thread a while ago and nyokie has posted on other sites. It would be great to see everyone there. I will try to get more info tomorrow about camping and pricing and such. If you have any questions please e-mail me and I will answer them after I get back tomorrow. There is also a number to call at the website in case you are not sure.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HI ALL!

The wife and I took a little drive to bear mountain. It's only a half an hour away. I took several shots of the site. It was raining pretty hard today so please excuse my pics. I couldn't get any info of the lodging because everything was pretty much closed beacuse of the rain. Please refer to this link to the website for info on camping.

http://nysparks.state.ny.us/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/nysparks/parks.cgi?p+123

I'm telling you this place is HUGE. The silvermine area is just for picnicking for what I can tell. Lots of rules though. No campfires, no swimming blah blah blah you get the idea. I drove past silvermine and its all woods baby. If you have kids make sure they stay close to the site, it's easy to lose them up here. As far as camping. It's probably in a different location. Like I said it was raining, I couldn't go hiking into the woods. Anyway LOT'S of scenery. I took a panoramic from the mountain of the hudson. Even though it was foggy it looks real cool. Make sure you bring everything you need. There are stores about 20 miles from the mountain. It's actually where I live. It's very easy to get to the mountain and to my town, so don't panic but bring a map. Here are the pics:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
12:00 AT THE SILVERMINE AREA. Here is a letter from Daffy:

The site is free.
The campsite is Beaver Pond; 10 min. from Silver Mine on 210,
on Lake Welch. Those who want to stay overnight should go there
during the day to register. The fee is $13 plus $2.75 permit.
The problem may be the weather. Will the hurricane come this way?
We posted Sun.21 as alternate so the forecast will determine the date.

Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The last weather report says Fri. will be bad but Sat. should be ok.
Unless something unexpected happens, all will go as planned. If the unexpected happens we wll try Sun.
It may be a good idea to display name tags so we know who we are (I get lost sometimes), bring food & drink, bring your wife,children,girlfriend. boy friend etc. Take pics! Silver Mine is no charge this time of year. If any want to stay overnight: Beaver Pond campsite is $13 plus $2.75 permit fee.
This is an Element owners meet, but it should be open to anyone interested in the car. If you dont own one yet, come anyway!
Thanx to Klynch for the great pics! :D

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So far so good the weather is holding out for Saturday WOO HOO :D
Hope it is like today's weather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts