Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL!

The wife and I took a little drive to bear mountain. It's only a half an hour away. I took several shots of the site. It was raining pretty hard today so please excuse my pics. I couldn't get any info of the lodging because everything was pretty much closed beacuse of the rain. Please refer to this link to the website for info on camping.

http://nysparks.state.ny.us/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/nysparks/parks.cgi?p+123

I'm telling you this place is HUGE. The silvermine area is just for picnicking for what I can tell. Lots of rules though. No campfires, no swimming blah blah blah you get the idea. I drove past silvermine and its all woods baby. If you have kids make sure they stay close to the site, it's easy to lose them up here. As far as camping. It's probably in a different location. Like I said it was raining, I couldn't go hiking into the woods. Anyway LOT'S of scenery. I took a panoramic from the mountain of the hudson. Even though it was foggy it looks real cool. Make sure you bring everything you need. There are stores about 20 miles from the mountain. It's actually where I live. It's very easy to get to the mountain and to my town, so don't panic but bring a map. Here are the pics:

·
Registered
5 Posts
...got some additional direction/information you could post? I'm coming from central NJ, and have often visited my friends in Congers, so I think it's not that much further.

What'd be best would be if you could post a mapquest URL for the location/destination (you said it's huge, so there may be multiple entrances, etc--after all it is a mountain), and those of us making the trek could use that URL to plan travel routes.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually the palisades parkway hits exit 18 and all the exits to the mountain. The web link I posted gives you a map and the address. The road off of exit 18 leads right to silver mine and everything else. Like I said call if you're not sure. I'll post it for you though if you wish?

·
Registered
5 Posts
[quote:f51719b42b="klynch13"]Actually the palisades parkway hits exit 18 and all the exits to the mountain. The web link I posted gives you a map and the address. The road off of exit 18 leads right to silver mine and everything else. Like I said call if you're not sure. I'll post it for you though if you wish?[/quote:f51719b42b]

thanks, but I did a little mapping and googling myself and it seems pretty easy. The only possible hold-up for me is the hurricane.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Signs were pretty funny. "No Martinis Allowed!" Must have been a backlash from the Martini trend...(j/k I know what the sign means.)

Nice pics.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I know, that hurricane sounds pretty bad. Let's hope that it just blows over. Please don't make the trip if it is dangerous to drive. The rain date is the 21ST.

Keep your fingers crossed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts