Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been quite some time since I went about creating my bed platform. As mentions in the title of the thread. I wanted to use hardware from the seat so it could be locked in. I have attached a video of the set up on Youtube and attaching the following pictures for people to get an idea of what I did. I still have a lot to work on I want to get a cover made for the cushions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’ve been meaning to search up something like this! I’ve been wanting to put a 15” sub in with a big ported box but didn’t want it sliding around everywhere (I haven’t had my back seats in since day 1) but still wanted it to be removable possibly. Looks like is possible with a little patience. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Woah.

Looks like you did some great work there. Is that steel, welded and powder coated grey? It looks nearly mass produced it's so clean.

Do you care to divulge any more information on your process? maybe share plans?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the actual man frame is from one of those bed frame kits you get to support a bed similar to what is provide in link Walmart Bed Frame. as in way it is connected to the seat hardware. The bed frame l bracketed to the bar then through the bar it has all thread through it allow the frame to be flexible. As in the length of the legs of the frame that can be cut off to short to set on the seats. I didn't try to reinvent the wheel when coming to bed frame. I mean some people building everything from scratch which is do able but it was more cost effect to use something already and modify it. I did have help from my dad. I had the basic idea on how i wanted it to work but he helped me figure how to mount the bed frame hardware to the seat hardware and still allow it to be flexible and also be able to folded up against the inside. I am still looking at cutting the cushions in half and getting them upholstered. By doing so it would be easier to pack into the car. If you need more up close pictures of the hardware let me know. I would save total price was rough $180-200 bucks for the whole set up.

Estimated price break down.
Bed Frame Queen $80
Two Rear Seats $60
Hardware (bolts, all-thread, L brackets ,Pull Pins, Washers) $20
Backer Board $20
Zip Ties $ Free
Tools used $ Free.

I am looking at adding little bit more stabllity for the sides, because there is over lap of the cushion where there is no frame underneath. (on ride side towards wall of the car). I will add board that bolts up to the side to give more stability. You wouldn't have to doe this because you could cut the foam down to fit exactly where the frame is but that would reduce the size of bed to a cot size. That would really be your choice. I hope this helps. I can take more pictures and post them if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts