Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That looks great!

Question: Why didn't you do the install yourself?

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
No offense, but you paid $535 for some fog lights? :lol:
Can I have a go at that money tree you obviously have growing in your backyard?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Tanjprl

Great looking Element and the fog lights look good as well!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
No offense, but you paid $535 for some fog lights? :lol:
Can I have a go at that money tree you obviously have growing in your backyard?
Oh, stop. Quit poking at the guy. Not everyone is mechanically adept as you are, you know.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Gee, every time I see a 2009/2010 it makes me glad I've got a 2008.

Gosh, UB, I would have installed those fog lights for you for $50 and a case of Boulevard beer.:grin:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Looks good!

Did they have to do cutouts to fit those fogs in there or is it an entirely new lower bumper skirt?

·
Registered
478 Posts
500$$$ how much is it to put fogs on a ferrari?..but u cant put a price on the ooo ahh factor! looks good!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Looks good!

Did they have to do cutouts to fit those fogs in there or is it an entirely new lower bumper skirt?
It looks like they just trim the bumper a little bit to clear the lights.:?

$535.53 Damn! Did they altleast kiss you first?:-D
J/K:)

It's your money and if you're happy with the outcome of your purchase,then hey...that's all that really matters.It does look really good though.Are you happy with how well they perform?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha, I knew that I would catch grief for that.

That's ok, I realize that it's a little outradious to pay 150.00 to have them install the fogs.
That was high I know.

I think I'll install the splash guards myself, lol

Looks good!

It looks like the fogs ARE part of the cutouts. Like a snap-in type of attachment.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fogs and the LAW

I was reading on the InterWebs, and it seems that there might be different laws about the use of Fog Lights.

I just tested my factory installed fogs, and they go out when I flash the bright lights. I wonder if that feature is a law someplaces.

Am I allowed to use them if there isn't a Weather Related need?
I think that depends on the state.
Any thoughts about them

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Ba - humbug

Congratulations on your purchase . I also could've installed my fogs , but had the dealer install , yeah yeah , it's done and if you notice when you flash them , they wig - wag , on , off during flashing .... cool feature !
Happy motoring
RUBY

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Now they're covered under your warranty. I had an issue with mine, and if they weren't installed by the dealer I'd still be chasing the issue down a year later!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks great!

I wonder if there is an aftermarket vendor who makes plastic covers to go over the fog lights? I have a clear plastic semi-circles that covers the fog lights on my VW. These plastic protectors have provided great protection for nearly 200k miles, though they now look a bit sand blasted. I think these would be a great idea to protect your investment. At minimum, maybe you can apply some clear automotive headlight plastic (Invisishield?) or something to provide at least some level of protection.

Andrew

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Looks great!

I wonder if there is an aftermarket vendor who makes plastic covers to go over the fog lights? I have a clear plastic semi-circles that covers the fog lights on my VW. These plastic protectors have provided great protection for nearly 200k miles, though they now look a bit sand blasted. I think these would be a great idea to protect your investment. At minimum, maybe you can apply some clear automotive headlight plastic (Invisishield?) or something to provide at least some level of protection.

Andrew
They sure do.
Here you go Sir.:)
http://www.headlightarmor.com/09-10-honda-element-headlight-protection-kit.aspx

1 - 20 of 27 Posts