Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told 3 weeks ago by my dealer that they had found me an EX auto with side air, but they had to electronicly trade for it, being that it had not yet been delivered to the dealership that it was headed for. Now I am being told that never worked out, and they had to order me one, and that TODAY is actually the day its scheduled to be built. Is this a crock of you know what? Is 3 weeks all it takes to go from order to build? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ours was the same situation. We couldn't find the color and options and then found it at a different dealer than the one we were working with. They managed to trade the delivery shipment online and it took about three or four weeks for the vehicle to show up at the dealership.

Hang in there. Tell them to email you with the VIN number once it's available.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a SMM on order...so I am told. It is suppose to be built by the end of this month. I am interested in knowing why the VIN number will help me.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
It won't necessarily "help" other than the fact that you'll know concretely that the vehicle is complete and is awaiting delivery. It was sort of the touchstone for us to breathe a bit easier.

That's all that I meant to imply.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The reason I'm asking is that I'm beginning to wonder if I might need some kind of proof that my dealership did order my E. Should I ask for some kind of documentation. They haven't asked for any deposit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You might want to present this question in the "Ask the Dealer" section to a user called "Supaman". He's the manager of sales at a Honda dealer in Texas, I believe. Perhaps he could offer some assistance.

All I know is that a VIN is proof-positive of an actual "existing" vehicle (at least to some extent and where an honest dealership is concerned). Also, I'd probably talk to them about putting down a deposit to secure the vehicle.

I hope things go well for you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spoke to the person who ordered the e. He told me this...made me feel better...and hey, if they are lying, boy they lied to the wrong person...but I believe them. Basically, in a nutshell....they located one that was ordered by another dealership...they located it several weeks ago. It was ordered, but not yet built, and they procured this in a trade for a car the other dealership wanted. So, my dealership gets my E. It is scheduled assembly line tomorrow. He said bout 10 days it should be here. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt now. They have my money ($500), and have been pleasurable thus far, and a great price. Sound plausible?

·
Registered
54 Posts
John, that's exactly the same situation we had. Exactly. So....feel better. Sounds like you'll have your Element very soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
now all i have to do is sell my jeep wrangler...better than having to drive it thru dealership window. you know, everyone always threatens that...i wanna meet the person who really did it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We ordered our EBP EX 5 spd at the end of June. The dealer tried to find one but none were around. They had to build mine for me. It took a little while longer, but the wait was worth it for the fact that my E was built especially for me, kind of a cool thought. Anyways the vehicle was delivered on Aug 13 and we picked it up the same day. All told about 6.5 weeks for delivery. The vin# was sent out on July 29, so it took 16 days for us to get the car once it went into production. Loving the E, best thing we ever did was to buy this awesome vehicle :D . Later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts