Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the EOC and just purchased my son a 2003 Element. I've added the keyless entry (piece of cake thanks to this forum) and added a GPS Tracker (another piece of cake), but we're wanting to add a DASH KIT to the car to give it a little extra pop on the inside. It seems to me that Elements just make you want to tinker with them and add stuff. It's a really fun car!

I thought I would yield to the experience of you guys and ask which Dash Kits are the best as far as look, application and durability. I'm finding that There are only a few major manufacturers of these kits (you can tell by the schematics looking the same on various distributor's websites), but there are a LOT of distributors. There are also different types of adhesive backs which can make application much easier.

I'm particularly interested in the Brushed Aluminum dash kit look. I think this looks classy and will really pop as long as it's not overdone. I got a sample from WOW Trim, but the Real Brushed Aluminum sample is sort of thick and doesn't have tapered edges like the wood and carbon fiber samples. I don't want there to be a sharp edge if I can avoid it. That's just an edge to catch on something that might cause the trim to pull up over time. We're open to other colors, but feel like the Element is not a wood dash vehicle, especially for a teenager.

Anyway, please give me your feedback on the following major Kit manufacturers.

1. WOW Trim
2. B & I Trim Products
3. MIMO USA
4. Sherwood Dash

Thanks guys. This forum has helped me a ton in the purchase of the vehicle and installation of the keyless entry already.

PICTURES WOULD BE WONDERFUL IN MAKING MY DECISION. Please post pics if you have them.

Blessings...
<><

:eoc:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow Dash Kit

I bought the complete Wow dash kit from Carid. I thought they had the best price(they're also a sponsor of this site). The kit I got included pieces for the steering wheel, which I wanted. There are even pieces that fit around the cup holders in the back seat! The fit overall is great(some of the pieces on the steering wheel were hard to keep on, because of the twists to the trim), looks great, easy to install. I got the honey burl. Sorry, I haven't taken any pics, yet.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hi ya zgelement and welcome!

Honda - H&A Accessories have dash sets, orange or blue or something- you probably don't want but you can get an idea...

Saw a nice 'woodie' look but I don't remember the company :-(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much everyone. Thanks for the tip on CarID. That's who I got some samples from. I love looking at the pics of actual Element dashes. Kissa, your pics are awesome. :grin: Thanks for posting. What do you mean by "bumping the thread". :? Sorry, I'm a newbie.

Any other pics are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
288 Posts
WOW Dash Kit

Here are some quick pics of my TRP-E with dash kit. (Okay, so one of the pics is on it's side-that's the only way I could take a pic that would show the whole center stack.)

Attachments

·
Registered
748 Posts
rojogan - where did you get the woodie kit from?

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Thanks bud - I guess I should read the thread!

...I'll see what the artistic director (wife) thinks! :roll:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks bud - I guess I should read the thread!

...I'll see what the artistic director (wife) thinks! :roll:
No problem! As we all get older(er, I mean, younger!)...............

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
What do you mean by "bumping the thread". :? Sorry, I'm a newbie.

Any other pics are greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I found the old thread on my dashkit, then I posted on the thread...that's "bumping" the thread. After "bumping" the thread it appears under new posts...for a short time.

I was a newbie once.....;-)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the tip on the 10% off!!!!
Kissa, thanks for the bump on the thread.

Now my son is considering the carbon fiber option again. He def. doesn't not want a sharp edge like some of the thick aluminums have. The woods and carbons seem to have a more tapered edge.

Does anyone have pics of a Silver Carbon fiber or Black Carbon fiber? :|

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would also like to see pictures of carbon fibre kit. There's real carbon fiber kit for sale on ebay... anyone bought one ???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts